GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vehicle has been in the shop for 4 weeks. I was hit by a deer and the driver's door and front quarter panel were damaged. The damage was more than expected by the insurance company, so that caused some delay. Parts were not immediately available, and when the parts finally arrived, one was bent. Now, I am told that it will be another week or more for the part (moulding clip) to be manufactured and shipped. GMC says up to 3 weeks, the dealership says they don't have a clue, and body shop says a week or more. Who do I believe? And is this normal? I can't believe GM will not ship a part overnight even when I offer to pay for the shipping. I was told my vehicle would be in the shop for a week.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear that. :comfort:

Let us know how it turns out...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know how you are feeling....Last December my vehicle was in an accident and I didn't get it back from the body shop until March. They actually ended up pulling the part needed from the production line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, after 5 + weeks, I finally got my vehicle back. GM refused to send one tiny moulding clip over night and it took 6 days for the part to come in. I even offered to pay for shipping. I was told by GM that they never ship overnight, although the dealership said they did. Now, I think I understand why so many people drive around with dents in new vehicles. I will definitely wait until parts are in if I ever have to do this again.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've never experienced such long wait times for parts from a manufacturer before. Is this kind of thing standard for GM?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Someone hit our Acasia in a parking garage and dented the rear passenger side door. Insurance covered everything but the door needed a new skin. After the bodyshop removed the skin, they found out it would take at least 6 weeks to get that part. The bodyshop asked me to call GM myself and complain to see if we could get the part faster. I did this but no luck. Ended up getting a new door instead which only took 5 weeks.
The bodyshop was amazed at how long the parts took to become available.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I dont think this is a common occurence for GM vehicles. Youve got to remember that these vehicles are fairly new with only being on the market for 3 years so there hasnt been a big need for body panels yet. I would think that explains the wait times.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The defrost panel seperated from the dash the first week I had my Acadia and the replacement part was on backorder for two months.
The same thing happened again in August of this year and again it took just a little over two months to get the part. The dealership still has not replaced it yet, but I hope this will be the last time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts