GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Back in the day, as a teenager, I knew every model car; engine options in each along with displacement and horsepower. I became a "car guy". Under the hood all the time. Now I rarely open it - it's tough to figure out what you're looking at.

Now, I took delivery on a 2019 Acadia SLT2 earlier this month and found the attached in the glovebox packaged in a plastic bag. I have NO idea what it is. Only thing I can identify is that it appears to drive TORX screws. I've already used up one lifeline and called a friend. Can anybody out there help?

IMG_20190324_093617824 (4).jpg

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
Do you have locks on the hub (wheel center) caps, or lug nuts? Can't get the image to load - file size is probably too large. Is it possible for you to resize the image file and attach it again?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I Right clicked and opened in new window, it works but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it could be called. Looks like Torx on one side and hex on the other.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Its to loosen the security torx screws on the roof rack

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
this is on my 2010 Traverse.
Mine has the small nub in the center of the torx- making it a security torx.
Note the wrench also has the hole.
Cant use any torx bit.... has to be security torx

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
That's a decent guess, RB. Wish the OP had posted a better picture. The blue part and what appears to be a folding handle? are puzzling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this thread is a couple of years old, but could you tell me what size that torx is, the one with the pin in the center, that I need to use on my roof rack?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't know the exact size, maybe a 15 or 20 t it is a security torx, you could probably get a bit set with all security bits for less than $20 a hardware store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts