GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me what the color of the turn signal indicators are on the rear? I wondered if they are red like the brake lights, or an amber color. I always wondered why car makers don't automatically make them any other color besides RED, so they catch the attention of the driver behind you. Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I thought :( I was thinking that most non-US cars seem to have the multi-colored lights to differentiate stopping from turning! Why don't the US car makers do that? It just seems safe and smart!

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but I get a kick out of what people worry about when they buy a car. Turn signal color, type of hood opening device, what's going to get caught up in the seat sliding mechanism. My opinion on the turn signal is that if you see a flashing light it's probably a turn signal, unless it is on a motorcycle then it could be the brake light. Really I do get what your saying but would you ever buy a car based on what color the turn signal is? Seriously I'm not trying to be an @$$ so don't beat me up for posting this. When I spend 40k+ on a car I worry about things like is the Color what I like and does the interior feel good and is in comfortable.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
etgus said:
Could someone tell me what the color of the turn signal indicators are on the rear? I wondered if they are red like the brake lights, or an amber color. I always wondered why car makers don't automatically make them any other color besides RED, so they catch the attention of the driver behind you. Thanks.
Red; my Taurus is orange

1 - 5 of 5 Posts