GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does your dealer charge for an oil change?
(specify conventional or synthetic)

I'm trying to determine if I should change it myself.

·
Registered
912 Posts
39 for regular oil and 80 for Synthetic unless you bring in your own oil then I only pay 19 for my oil change.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I buy the Mobil 1 and filter and my dealer uses my parts and charges me $13. I used to change it myself but the recycling effort alone is worth the $13 to me. I use my own parts because I can get them significantly cheaper than the dealer can.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Mobil 1 change at our Sears is $55.00 including tax every 10-12K. No mus no fus!

Reactions: Allen391

·
Registered
533 Posts
teetertotter said:
Mobil 1 change at our Sears is $55.00 including tax every 10-12K. No mus no fus!
teetertotter ,

Is 10-12K miles the recommended for synthetic? That seems like a lot of miles between changes - although I recognize that driving conditions contribute to the need for an earlier change.

I've been doing my own changes at home for 21 yrs on my Blazer - and probably will continue. However, I do like the idea of buying my own oil & filter and having a qualified shop do it for "cheap" labor. I may have to do that when I get the Acadia.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
275 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
What does your dealer charge for an oil change?
(specify conventional or synthetic)

I'm trying to determine if I should change it myself.
The short answer:

Any dealership = too much.

·
Registered
2015 GMC Acadia SLT2 w/trailer package
24 Posts
Dealership service center charges $60usd(+tax). Includes full synthetic oil change, tire rotation, and also include a wash and vacuum. local shop charges $80usd for just an oil change and both times I've tried out the local shop, I end up with oil on my garage floor. I take it in for oil changes at around 6/6500miles instead of the recommended 7500miles to hopefully keep the timing chain in good condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts