GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not the reverse light...the longer white portion that wraps around the fender? It has a bulb in it right? I swear when I reverse that section doesn't light up, and it doesn't contain any turn signal attributes. So does it light up and when?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't think it does anything, and it didn't look like there was a bulb when I examined an Acadia a while ago. They should however turn it into a turn signal instead of using the brake lamp as one :sosad:

·
Registered
812 Posts
i was following an Acadia tonight on my way home and even though they're using LEDs, for safety reasons i too would prefer a seperate turn signal indicator (amber could do just fine)....

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Drill holes through the back of the housing and install strobes. Just a thought

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Drill holes through the back of the housing and install strobes. Just a thought
Remind me not to follow your Acadia in traffic. :p

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
HAHA, not to be left on all the time. Just for fun, and something to do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm reasonably convinced that these two "blanks" with clear lenses on either rear corner are there for markets that require amber turn signals by law. I prefer amber signals myself, and hope that there is a way to convert a US spec Acadia for their use. Why GM didn't just do all of them that way, I can't say. Envoys, Sierras, etcetera all have amber turn signals, so it's not as if there is no precedent.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Is it true that the rear lights are LED? If so, they are costly lamps and my guess would be that they did it this way to keep costs down.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Yep, the taillights are LEDs, **** bright too. 8)

·
Registered
812 Posts
GAR said:
Is it true that the rear lights are LED? If so, they are costly lamps and my guess would be that they did it this way to keep costs down.
i change all my signal lights to LEDS coz they respond quicker, are brighter, and last a long time compared to conventional bulbs, i always prefer cars with LEDS they look cool when lit but are also practical and safe... Cadillac and Infinity are the only ones that uses then in all their vehicle line up... ;D

·
Registered
41 Posts
SioXie said:
i change all my signal lights to LEDS coz they respond quicker, are brighter, and last a long time compared to conventional bulbs, i always prefer cars with LEDS they look cool when lit but are also practical and safe... Cadillac and Infinity are the only ones that uses then in all their vehicle line up... ;D
Does anyone have bulb type/size for the turn signal lights
and reverse lights? I want to replace them with leds but haven't had the chance to pull them out and look.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Regarding the white area in the tail lights; I wonder if there might be a vacant plug on the wiring harness for an application here? Maybe it will be a "DENALI Thing" :blob:

·
Registered
143 Posts
mktuttle said:
I'm reasonably convinced that these two "blanks" with clear lenses on either rear corner are there for markets that require amber turn signals by law. I prefer amber signals myself, and hope that there is a way to convert a US spec Acadia for their use. Why GM didn't just do all of them that way, I can't say. Envoys, Sierras, etcetera all have amber turn signals, so it's not as if there is no precedent.
My guess without investigation is that the Acadia and Outlook use the same tail light size(not look) and that area is used on the Outlook for something. Remember this is an uneducated guess, so don't beat me up. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts