GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before we purchased our Acadia, we test-drove one that belonged to a friend. Something that it did was when you turn the key on, all the gauges would rotate to their full values and then swing back to their respective "home" locations. I've seen that before on vehicles and thought it was cool. But when we test-drove a few Acadia's from different dealers, none of those gauges did that. I wonder if that is something that can be programmed by a tech. with a scan tool. Does anyone know how to turn this "feature" on?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mine does that. It didn't even phase me as my boat has a similar self check with the guages.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My wifes 08 Aura does that but my 07 Outlook does not :confused:

·
Registered
339 Posts
My '08 SLE does the gauge sweep.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought I would try a small experiment. I went out and tried both a key start and a remote start here are my findings:

If you perform a standard start the dials will do a self-check

If you perform a remote start when you put the key in and turn the ignition to run the dials will not perform the gauge check.

I am assuming that when you went to the dealer they were performing remote starts then had you insert the key and take a test drive. I only say this because of my own experience. (all Acadias on the lot had remote start and the first thing my salesman did was perform a remote start for "showing off" purposes. If my assumptions are wrong then I apologize, but that is the only logical explaination I could come up with. :thumb:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have an SLT-1 w/o the autostart feature. My gauge needles do not do the 'sweep' when you turn the key to ON.

As Arsenio Hall used to say, "Things that make you go hmmm........." ???

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have an SLT-1 with remote start, and mine does not do the 'sweep'. For you that have the 'sweep', are any of you SLT owners, or is this SLE only?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have an 2007 SLT-2 and the needles do not sweep - they just kind of pop to the position of the current reading.

·
Registered
21 Posts
xseler said:
I have an SLT-1 w/o the autostart feature. My gauge needles do not do the 'sweep' when you turn the key to ON.

When you turn the key "On" or when you actually start the vehicle. If you just turn the the key to where the accessories are on it won't do the sweep. Only upon actually starting the vehicle. (Just wanted to clarify)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I only turned my car on to see that they did not sweep. I did not try to start it and see what they did. I will try that later and post my findings.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
johnway said:
I have an 2007 SLT-2 and the needles do not sweep - they just kind of pop to the position of the current reading.
:ditto: Remote start or not, mine don't sweep.

·
Registered
294 Posts
ajallenusmc said:
xseler said:

When you turn the key "On" or when you actually start the vehicle. If you just turn the the key to where the accessories are on it won't do the sweep. Only upon actually starting the vehicle. (Just wanted to clarify)

Same as GeoHawk, no sweep at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's great seeing all the reads and input on this. I guess I was hoping a GM auto tech would read this and tell us that it's simply something that can be enabled, by us or them. I know that they can plug a scan tool in and initiate a Sweep Test (I did a google search). The fact that some of us have it and others don't leads me to believe there's got to be some way to turn it on/off. I would like mine ON please! ;D I'll be asking the next time I take my 'Cadia to the shop.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Seems like I might be too late, but mine does not sweep when I turn it on, or when I start it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the auto sweep at startup, pretty cool.

·
Registered
275 Posts
No sweep on startup.

A few other vehicles I've had offered a sweep function when holding a button during startup (eg; on my SRT-4, hold the trip / odometer button and all gauges will do a quad-stage sweep).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Look what I found!... of course this is all I found.. No description with it. :banghead:

NHTSA Item Number: 10023741
Service Bulletin #: 4546
Replacement #:
Vehicle/Equipment Make: GMC
Vehicle/Eqipment Model: ACADIA
Model Year:
Mfg Component Code: 117000 DIGITAL INSTRUMENT PANEL
Date of Bulletin: 2007-12-01
Date Added: 2008-01-29
Summary: THE INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER GAUGE SWEEP IS INOPERATIVE. *NJ

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
This is one of those things that without this forum, I would have no idea that anything is "wrong". :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts