GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I am a HUGE Zaino fan. Greatest stuff in the world.....

What do you all use?

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Same here. Got turned onto Zaino when reading up on how to keep my black G coupe clean and swirl-free. I use Z2, Z5, and Z6 regularly on it. I've also used the Z-PC a few times in an effort to clean up the minor swirls that are inevitable on a black car. and BTW, if you haven't tried the newer Z8 Grand Finale, BUY SOME! That stuff is fantastic! I've never seen anything give a deeper, wetter finish on a car!

Has anyone tried the new Z-CS, clear seal from Zaino? Seems like everytime I go back there, they have a new product. Damn those guys and their fancy car polishes! My bank account hates you Zaino! ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have used the new AIO and the CS....AWESOME products! I can not wait to see what Sal and his boys come up with next!

Adam

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cool. I will place an order today. I have a liquid silver Acadia, what products do you recommend I purchase? Should I get one of the kits? The weather is still lousy in Chicago, but I wantt o be readu for spring.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Meguiars only.

Lasts the longest and gives a great shine.

For a deep shine, but it is not long lasting, use Collinite Marque d'Elegance. Great carnuba.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joe,

Look into Zaino if you want durability....

Was a Meguiar's user for years, till I found Zaino...

Adam

·
Registered
518 Posts
I personally use the touchless car wash at my local Fleet Farm. They have the best spray on "wax" in the enitre world. ;D

The only car I have ever waxed myself was my Corvette. On that I only used Zaino.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Adam Boca said:
Joe,

Look into Zaino if you want durability....

Was a Meguiar's user for years, till I found Zaino...

Adam
TRADER!!!!!!!

lol

I have used Zaino exaclty once. Once I find somehting I like I stick with it for a while.

I have Meguiar pads and griot garage pads(from when I bought the kit). When I go through those I will get the LC.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
graffx4 said:
Same here! There is nothing better....especially for dark vehicles.
Well that's not even close to true. A discussion between Zaino and Meguiars is for mere mortals. We aren't even in the realm of "nothing else better".

Some zymol products starting costing as much as a used car.

The regular old Zymol Concourse Glaze is $165 for 8oz:
http://www.amazon.com/Zymol-Concours-Glaze-8oz/dp/B0009A5J2A/sr=1-22/qid=1172000815/ref=sr_1_22/102-5753317-0287311?ie=UTF8&s=automotive

And if you're sick in the head, their Zymol Royale Glaze is more than SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!:
http://www.amazon.com/Zymol-12001-Royale-Glaze/dp/B000F3K0T8/sr=1-1/qid=1172000815/ref=sr_1_1/102-5753317-0287311?ie=UTF8&s=automotive

That's correct, that's just for a car wax. Like I said, we're playing with silly putty by comparison ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Has anyone tried Adam's Premium Car Care products? I learned about them from a guy in my classic Mustang club, and I had good luck with them in shows last summer. I'd like to try the Zaino, since so many have recommended them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've been using Zaino Bros stuff for at least 15 years, even when you had to send a letter and a check to New Jersey--great stuff and easy to use too. BTW, it smells good too!

Now its easy to get their products and info from their web site: http://www.zainostore.com/

I'd like to say I want to try that Zymol $7000 glaze on a $40K car . . . r i i i ight!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I checked out the Zaino Store, and I noticed most of their products are polishes. I thought that polishes were more abrasive than waxes, and should only be used on older surfaces that need to be "renewed". I also thought that carnuba wax was best for clear coat paint jobs. Am I wrong, or is it just a matter of opinion? ???

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
clsuper said:
I checked out the Zaino Store, and I noticed most of their products are polishes. I thought that polishes were more abrasive than waxes, and should only be used on older surfaces that need to be "renewed". I also thought that carnuba wax was best for clear coat paint jobs. Am I wrong, or is it just a matter of opinion? ???
Polish USED to be an abrahsive product, now it has revoled to soemthing completly different. The only item that has any abrahsives in it is the ZPC. The questions about Wax being for clear coat cars is not correct. You will find alot of opinion on the Zaino vs. other products. I have been using Zaino for 5 years and will dabble in other product, but always come back to Zaino. Try it out, you will be surprised..

Adam

·
Registered
182 Posts
Adam Boca said:
clsuper said:
Polish USED to be an abrahsive product, now it has revoled to soemthing completly different. The only item that has any abrahsives in it is the ZPC. The questions about Wax being for clear coat cars is not correct. You will find alot of opinion on the Zaino vs. other products. I have been using Zaino for 5 years and will dabble in other product, but always come back to Zaino. Try it out, you will be surprised..

Adam
Thanks, Adam. I think I'll give it a shot before I buy more Meguiars....
Have you tried the Z-2 Pro or Z-8?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I have tried the entire line...

The Z2Pro is the main thing you want...

The Z8 is a nice shine enhancer, not to be confused with a quick detailer...

Also look at the ZCS, AWESOME stuff...

Z6 is a great quick detailer..

Adam

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just ordered the Total Protection Kit this morning.... although I do plan to get some CS later. Thanks for the tip, Adam.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts