GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.saturnoftampa.com/en_US/

Click on Specials, then select Outlook.

It is also on the newspaper. In fact, in the paper is advertised as a 39 month lease.
Do you think bait and switch? I looked for the stock number in their inventory and it is not there.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Not sure about the specifics of this deal but I can tell you a lot about Bait & Switch. Before I bought the Acadia, I spent several months shopping Suburbans and Yukon XL's. I went to all the dealers that had low advertised pricing and found that 90% of the time they were unwilling to sell me the one in the paper for the advertised price. (the big corporate dealerships seemed to be much worse than the local mom & pop dealerships). I had a long discussion with one local Chevy dealership and he told me that he advertises one vehicle each week (usually a very low end model with no options) as a "loss leader". It is listed for below what he pays for it and he hopes that once he gets you in the dealership, he can steer you into a model with more features. With that said, he also said that if the car wasn't yet sold, he would sell it to me for the advertised price and take the loss, if that was the one I wanted. (With that one sold, he could also honestly tell the next guy that the advertised one was sold but there were plenty more in the inventory (at a higher price)). I got a few calls and a few opportunities to buy the loss leader but it was never exactly what I was looking for, so I never closed the deal.

Ford seems to do it a bit differently. Around here. the dealers advertise "$9500 off MSRP" rather than quote a specific vehicle. A co-worker bought an F-250 recently and when he went to the dealership they told him to just go find one he likes and subtract X dollars off the MSRP. So it's a bit easier when there is a big inventory and lower demand. The Acadia is exactly opposite though, high demand and low inventory, so truly good deals are probably more difficult to find.

Good luck and be prepared for big time Bait & Switch tactics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.