• **** fine piece of GM Engineering!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
My wife and I got in the habit of calling our old Blazer a truck, but something feels wrong about calling the Acadia a truck, or a car for that matter. So what do you call it? Do you just call it the Acadia?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would say all of the above if I could. I chose car.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dan-M said:
I would say all of the above if I could. I chose car.
ditto

except I'd probably spell Acadia right :angel: ;D only kidding ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
I refuse to call it a SUV, because that's the last thing Acadia is. I don't like to call it a truck, because it isn't that either. It's more than a wagon, and more than a car. Torn between the last two options. But, I'm picking Acadia, as we've yet to decide on a "name" for her.

Yes, please edit your poll items to correct the spelling of "Acadia".

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
MINE[/color]

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well, I call it "THE Acadia" in the same vein as my alma mater is called "THE Ohio State University"

But my 2.5y/o daughter gets to name cars, so it is

"Blue Car"

Mustang is "Red Car"

Jeep was "Gold Car"

eMaw's (Gramma's) Envoy is "White Car"

ePaw's F-150 is "Red Truck"

and when you hear how she says "truck" about 50% of the time is why we won't even try to get her to call the Acadia "Blue Truck". She goes to church for mommy's day out, and we would like her to continue to go there.

·
Registered
132 Posts
LOL!!! We had that same problem with our boys and they also had a huge fascination with spotting flags for awhile but couldn't say the "L" in it, it was so NOT good!!! "Look Mom, a huge....." was uttered in public too many times to count. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I call him by his name, of course.

"Smokey" ;D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sanman14 said:
I call him by his name, of course.

"Smokey" ;D
i call mine Silver bullet. But i like ( i don't remember who said it) Katie i think that is cool.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My three year old calls it "Ourcadia" ;D Our cadia!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The "red diablo" >:D I'll be burning up the freeways soon!!

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dan-M said:
My three year old calls it "Ourcadia" ;D Our cadia!
That's a great way to cover up when others mispell it!! -Arcadia- ;D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine hasn't been delivered yet, but I am already calling it:

MASSIVE RED JEWEL DEBT!!![/color] ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I call my Yukon a truck...not sure yet what I'll call the Acadia, but voted for "Acadia".

·
Registered
492 Posts
There is a town 45 min SW from us called Arcadia, with the R. (U might remember Hurricane Charley blew the water tower down and the photos of the smashed tower with Arcadia were all over the place)

When speaking of the GMC I sometimes use that name by habit.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I think Imight stick with "MINE" but have been thinking about renaming it and getting aplate.

My first car was a 71 Cutlass S form my Aunt. She called it the Red Baron. Maybe I shall dub thee Red Baron 2.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Joe-
My first car was a 1969 Delta 88 inherited from my grandmother, but my second car was a 1972 Buick Skylark, very close to your Cutlass. My dad had a 72 Cutlass (a 67, and a 79 too) while I was growing up-- but his 72 Cutlass was the best -- even at 12 when he got the 79, I was working on him to keep it so I could have it at 16.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts