GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I added remote start and washed it but the wash won't last cause there is still snow on the roads here in Colorado but its nice to see a clean car even if its just for 1 day.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
NOTHING.....Ours is splattered with road salt and will be sitting in the garage all day in between my computer checking and HBO, Cinemax, Stars......etc....etc... Just a pretty lazy day around here.

·
Super Moderator
19,290 Posts
It's icy today. Might not even start it.

Yesterday, I drove it to lunch around noon and to symphony concert last night. HiYo is cultured. ;D ;D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Its a beautiful sunny warm day here in Colorado and it's gonna be for at least the next 7 days so I installed new mud flaps and washed it real good.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Used it like a workhorse. Hauled mulch (15 bags) and then a 10' step ladder. Drove into the garage with the hatch up and then closed the door. LOVE a big garage and the 8' high door!! Next week will be a "beach day" so the trusty shop vac will clean out the sand. It may be a pretty Denali on the outside but its a Professional Grade GMC workhorse to us!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Speleos said:
Yesterday, I drove it to lunch around noon and to symphony concert last night. HiYo is cultured. ;D ;D
Wow! It is cultured! Ours could use a little, now that you mentioned it. Is going to a local theatre play get ours cultured?

·
Super Moderator
19,290 Posts
teetertotter said:
Wow! It is cultured! Ours could use a little, now that you mentioned it. Is going to a local theatre play get ours cultured?
ABSOLUTELY! Nothing like good live theatrical productions. ;D :thumb: I was a thespian in an earlier life, BTW. ;D

(it can be spelled either way, you know) ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,290 Posts
Had a nice 'leisurely' trip through evening rush-hour traffic from Annapolis to DC and back. Only got 18.5 mpg on the journey. Darn, this thing is a gas hog! LOL

·
Registered
833 Posts
Was going to start a thread like this but see there are at least two. Maybe should be merged?

Anyway, this was the newest. The other has the latest posts from 2013.

Anyway, It got a bit warmer so I installed the Husky rear cargo liner in our Acadia today. It is just what we wanted. We had the thicker GM and other black rubber mats in other vehicles, but I just wanted a cargo mat that conformed and would contain dirt, grit, slight spills, etc when carrying wifes annual plants for Spring, and grocery items, etc.

Somehow, I was fortunate enough to find that Amazon had the Husky cargo mat in gray for only $12.92 in a Warehouse Deal. I was skeptical, but it came in the factory Husky box with all labels and proper part number.

It does come folded into "3rds" so it says to lay flat in a warm area for a day or two. I did, for several days, before it got warmer. Installed. . . . it fits like the proverbial glove and beats the $115 to $148 that it usually goes for.

Acdaia Rear Cargo 3rd Seats Down SM.jpg

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks great. I could really use that, but I flip the seats up too often... I'll just have to keep using my old Mexican blanket when hauling my speaker stands.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Finished a 2 part modification of the rear hatch and lower bumper fascia. First painted the previously silver lower bumper valance and now installed the "Black Chrome" piece between the tail lights.
A subtle change but also now closely matches the wheel color as well as gives the Acadia a less "busy" and contrasted look to the rear hatch area.
1 - Copy.jpg Black Chrome A.jpg Black Chrome B.jpg Black Chrome C.jpg

·
Super Moderator
19,290 Posts
Went to my friendly Caddy Shack and had a LOF done ($47.91, if you're interested in what I paid). Checked out the new XT4 and XT6 while I waited. I think I like the Caddy's dash layout a lot better than that of the new Acadia. Thought it interesting that the XT6's 3rd row seats are mounted farther back from those of the Lambda Acadia, while the 2nd row is about the same. There isn't as much cargo room behind the 3rd row.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I like, a lot. I will eventually do the same, just right now is not a good time (as it is not for many).
I took another picture the other day and here is a comparison of before and after.
Surely is a different look more akin to the AT4 Acadia.
1 Wide.jpg Black Chrome D.jpg

·
Registered
437 Posts
I took another picture the other day and here is a comparison of before and after.
Surely is a different look more akin to the AT4 Acadia.
Soooo sharp! And that black chrome upper panel really does suit your (really nice) color, agree.
I thought the mufflers would look worse with all that, and needing a coat of high heat black, but they look fine.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts