GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, what did you do to your Acadia today? I gave mine a really good detail job today and installed weather tech window air deflectors. I have lots more I'm gonna be doing to it in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Didn't do a thing....I don't look at it as that type of vehicle...just something that gets me from point A to point B........now if you want to know what I did to the Camaro, that would be a different story.......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
divotdug said:
Didn't do a thing....I don't look at it as that type of vehicle...just something that gets me from point A to point B........now if you want to know what I did to the Camaro, that would be a different story.......
Yes please do share what you did to your Camaro. Tell me all about it. I want one too.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
DTSGUY said:
Yes please do share what you did to your Camaro. Tell me all about it. I want one too.

I have a 1976, 4 speed, nicely built 350 car. Still needs some odds and ends. Yesterday I was working on properly aligning the passenger door window....next job is to replace the dash pad before spring cruise weather arrives.......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
divotdug said:
I have a 1976, 4 speed, nicely built 350 car. Still needs some odds and ends. Yesterday I was working on properly aligning the passenger door window....next job is to replace the dash pad before spring cruise weather arrives.......
Nice! Please share some pics when you can.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed the front brakes, did an HID conversion on my low beams, hard wired in my Garmin GPS so I don't have to plug it in the 12 volt outlet by the shifter then I washed and cleaned it all good.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
We went through the Auto Wash w under body wash to rid some salt even though 10F with windchill -15 today. Wind gusts up to 30mph. Acadia is now in the garage where it is 10F warmer. ;D I need a volunteer to sweep out the garage. :help:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Clean the s%!t out of it! Must have had layers and layers of caked on salt. I also detailed and thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed the interior all while having a couple of cervezas! :beer: Geez never realized how messy 3 kids and 1 wife can be!!!! I also gave the exterior of the Acadia a quick polish and shine.

·
Registered
426 Posts
teetertotter said:
We went through the Auto Wash w under body wash to rid some salt even though 10F with windchill -15 today. Wind gusts up to 30mph. Acadia is now in the garage where it is 10F warmer. ;D I need a volunteer to sweep out the garage. :help:
Yeah it freezing here too (Chicago) as well...brrrrrr!

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Changed the oil, cleaned the throttle body and won't need to clean it again (hopefully ever):

Installed an oil catch can...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DTSGUY said:
I installed running boards. Only cost $149 including mounting brackets.

I tried to upload a picture but it didn't let me. I even made the picture smaller using the website that is recommended by the administrator but it still didn't work. If you want to know where I got them from just ask. Im not sure if Im allowed to post the website here.

·
Super Moderator
19,260 Posts
If the picture's on the 'net, copy its url and paste into the 'insert image' function in the reply window. You can do this if you're editing the post you just wrote, too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Speleos said:
If the picture's on the 'net, copy its url and paste into the 'insert image' function in the reply window. You can do this if you're editing the post you just wrote, too.

No its not. Its on my computer. Am I allowed to post the website that I got them from? They have pictures on their website.

·
Super Moderator
19,260 Posts
DTSGUY said:
No its not. Its on my computer. Am I allowed to post the website that I got them from? They have pictures on their website.
If you hover your cursor over the picture on the site and right-click, you might see an option to copy the picture's url. You can select that option and copy that url, then paste it into the 'insert image' function. Else, you can copy/paste the link to the website in your post.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Speleos said:
If you hover your cursor over the picture on the site and right-click, you might see an option to copy the picture's url. You can select that option and copy that url, then paste it into the 'insert image' function. Else, you can copy/paste the link to the website in your post.
Thanks Speleos Ill do that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I Swaped out the factory radio for a Pioneer App Radio 4. It looks as if it were factory installed. All the steering wheel controls still work and even the On Star as well. The only thing with this particular radio is it doesn't have a CD or DVD player. Ive had radios in the past with DVD players and Ive found that I never use it so I decided to save a little money and get one with out it. The App radio plays everything that you have on your phone including navigation and movies and its a regular radio as well. Since I have everything on my phone I don't feel I'm missing anything by having this radio. It cost $449 on Amazon. I can't post any pictures so the link below will take you to the Acadia Facebook Page and you will see pictures there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/35218611234/

·
Super Moderator
19,260 Posts
You gotta figure out how to get your pics here. Not too many members are on FaceBook. Here it is, BTW.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts