GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing mention of a backup camera option in re: to the navigation system. I just ordered my '08SLT2 and have yet to hear or see any mention of such an option in the books, online GMC site, or anywhere. Is it not for real? Is it just going to pop up as a surprise when I flip my nav. on? Anyone have any proven info. on this, please? TIA.

Ok - upon further investigation, it seems there's a "Rearview Camera System" that comes w/ the nav. system. Does this refer to the elusive backup camera I keep seeing mention of? Will it work, or will it require additional hookup/parts/tampering? Any tips/info would be much appreciated - I'd say BIG BONUS for me (and all other 08 owners) if it's for real afterall. TIA again. :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yes, it's for real and comes with the nav package on the '08. You won't need to do any aftermarket rejiggering if you ordered the nav package.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEY! :) Nice to get that little added bonus, considering the price for that option - sheesh! Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I haven't seen an '08 Acadia yet but tested the camera in an Enclave and I tell you, I wish I had one on my '07! It was very responsive, more secure feeling, and you could see EVERYthing. It just automatically showed the rear view when I put it in reverse- simple and helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got off the phone with the sales manager from my dealership, and he stated that even though the order on my 2008 Nav system says includes back up camera, it will not be available in the first run of 2008 Acadia's out of the factory. He has no futher info. on when they will be available.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i would not accept an 2008 with Nav without the camera. It states in the what new for 2008 therefore it must be not I hope it comes that way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Canuck said:
i would not accept an 2008 with Nav without the camera. It states in the what new for 2008 therefore it must be not I hope it comes that way.
I agree. 2008 GM Online ordering guide says backup camera (UVC) included on both NAV radios (U3R and UZR) on the SLT-2 model. (NAV is not available on SLE or SLT-1). There is no indication that this is a late year addition, so the car should be coming with it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I thought I read on another thread about someone who got the 08 with the back up camera just the other day.
K

1 - 8 of 8 Posts