GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody looked inside their back panels in the rear cargo area? There are a bunch of wire ends all stuffed back there.

Does anybody know what they are?

I ask because I'm looking for an easy way to find the reverse light power lines in order to add a backup warning system. Any chance they are in this mess of wires?

thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
No idea what the wires are for.

I found a bunch of folded plastic bags in the driver-side panel after getting home from delivery. :-\

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am pretty sure it is XM radio and On Star related.

If you have the trailer package there is backup light lug on the connnector. If you don't, you may still have the wiring for it. Check the trailering threads for info on adding hitches and lighting.

·
Registered
395 Posts
boylem002 said:
it's for the trailer brake controller wiring. If you get a controller, that plug and wire set will integrate it at the dash.
That's not correct. The controller installs up front and plugs in under the dash. The controllers have a "panic" button on them to engage the trailer brakes without the car brakes (to straighten out a swaying trailer for example) that you need to be able to reach from the driving position.

·
Registered
362 Posts
jseck2 said:
boylem002 said:
it's for the trailer brake controller wiring. If you get a controller, that plug and wire set will integrate it at the dash.
That's not correct. The controller installs up front and plugs in under the dash. The controllers have a "panic" button on them to engage the trailer brakes without the car brakes (to straighten out a swaying trailer for example) that you need to be able to reach from the driving position.
Depends on which bunch of wires in which panel. If you get factory trailering, they put a bundle of wires in one of the cargo panels that is, indeed, for the trailer brake.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have the trailering package.

I'm talking about the left side panel, if you are standing at the rear looking at the vehicle.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the trailing package. I have one bundle of unused wires. I don't know what it is for. I am guessing for either upgrade sound/dvd/ camera add ons.

Need a wiring diagram to really tell.

Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts