GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently visited a New Jersey dealer and they built be a vehicle. 2008 Acadia Slt-2, Carbon Black, Ebony interior, FWD, 18" wheels, HID, HUD, DVD navi, Sunroof, 7 passenger. They quoted me appr. $40,700. This was a supplier discount. The dealer also stated that the "official price" with rebates could only be determined, and monthly payment negotiated upon arrival of the truck. I would appreciate anyones opinion on this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got mine in PA without nav, but AWD, and all the other options you mentioned for 38500 before tax, tags, and my negative equity on my old car. You should be able to do better. I did get one on the lot. But you shouldn't have to pay more to order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
that is a great deal....I just bought one for 40,200 in northen California

ice platinum white (tri color)
nav
dvd entertainment
19' wheels
7 seating
sunroof

$500 to order (6-8 weeks)

We had bought the same one you got with all of the options...filled out all of the paper worked...loan approved...price $40,125 (fully loaded SLT2--all options). Got a call from the dealer the next day to pickup, "BUT" the car had 300 + miles!!!! mutafu#!*er.....needless to say I had to cancel the deal and go to a dealer (a friend of a friend)...who gave us this deal above....we are happy. I have hammered away at these dealers and you can't get a fully loaded SLT2 for under 40k (I tried)....don't pay over 41k....if you want I can send you the quote

--just to add on the rebates and incentives. the dealer gave me the option of paying for the vehicle in full, but recommended I wait intill the car arrived. Incentives and rebates only get better as time goes by for the year....for us we hope to take ownership in May so we can hopefully get in on the memorial day program (0%) interest or bigger rebates....you can find out the incentives with edmunds.com or sign up for a car report from Consumer Reports.org ($15)

·
Registered
395 Posts
cupluv said:
"BUT" the car had 300 + miles!!!! mutafu#!*er.....needless to say I had to cancel the deal
Just curious why you would have to cancel the deal because it had 300 miles. They most likely got it as a trade from a another dealership and someone had to drive it there. The warranty would expire at 36,300 miles, so you would not lose anything. It would probably be good for a little extra off the price and I would put 300 miles on it within a couple days anyway, so doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought 5 new cars and no of them had over 20 miles....the dealer was take or leave it when i told him that 300 miles was a lot...I told the GM I was canceling the deal. I got a call 2 hours later saying they found one with 40 miles on "BUT" it would cost me $400 more because it had more options. I called them on the bluff and went over the options list of the one with 40 miles and the one with 300 miles...no difference just $400 profit. You are right the miles were not a big deal, but to tell me after (the car was at another dealership) I signed up for the loan, and then to sneak it in just before picking it was shady!!! even more shady was the $400 up mark on the exact same car we made a deal on the day before!! I don't deal with shady dealers....once again it was not that big of deal, but the way the dealer approached the situation could have been more friendlier...ooh well lost sale for that bozo, and we get the Acadia with the color we wanted from the get go

·
Registered
395 Posts
Figured there was more to it than just the miles. Avoiding a shady dealer is a pretty good reason to cancel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also spoke with the sales manager of another dealer, and he stated he would offer 2000 of any msrp i get. Is that a good deal??

·
Registered
57 Posts
Goto www.edmunds.com and work the numbers.

I have all the figures at home -- but with rebates and posisbly Conquest Bonus if it is still applicable,
you should be able to get better than 2k off MSRP. It is getting later in the model year as well.

Maybe SLT-II's are getting harder to come by -- maybe a well equiped SLT-I may be a better choice.

JMHO,

M

·
Registered
12 Posts
According to Edmunds the invoice on this is $38,430 and what others are paying is

$40,053

Incentives & Rebates -$500
Customer Cash Adjusted True Market Value $39,553

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to two other dealers, and they seem to not be budging from the supplier pricing. Any ideas on what i should do. Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Burke6902 said:
I went to two other dealers, and they seem to not be budging from the supplier pricing. Any ideas on what i should do. Thanks!!!
Leave your name and number with them, tell them if they decide to change their mind call you, cause you will still be interested, but not at their current pricing.
They will probably get the idea and call you with a better price. If not, then it was not meant to be.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Right now I am confident you can get at *least* flat invoice BEFORE applying rebates. You have to factor in a reasonable advertising fee (< $500) plus tax, title, license, and a small document fee (< $150) AND NOTHING ELSE, ie. vin etching, paint protection etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts