Silver
DVD
18" wheels

price $35,840.74 plus "taxes and fees"

lease offer based on the above number:
$1230 due at signing
39 months, 12k/year
payment $605 per month; per sales manager 9% lease rate, 62% residual
Plus, GM will buy out my current MDX lease up to a value of $2000 (i have 3 payments left of $587 on it)

this sounds like a great deal to me, up to the 9% lease rate and $605 payment. Isn't 9% high? I have seen 7.25% here as recently as 2 weeks ago and told him that. He said he doublechecked it.

I checked the gm site calulator, which only allows you to input the total price and either 12k or 15k/year; per the site using the total above, 12k/year, and 36 mo, the monthly payment is 567.05 with right at $1200 due at signing. I pointed that out to him after I checked, and he stated that the calculator does not include sales tax, which is applied to the monthly payment on the lease and not the total price. So if you figure 567.05 x 7% sales tax ,that takes the payment to 606/month.

So, #1) does this sound like a good price, #2) is the information I am getting from the sales manager legitimate, or is he "padding" the lease agreement?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It's hard to know really if this is a good deal as it seems to have some missing info. I paid about $34K for an AWD SLT1 that stickered at roughly $38500 and then got a $3500 discount down from that making it $30,500. But depending on the options, what you show here may be a good deal.

If you go to edmunds.com you can build your Acadia with the exact options. Look at the invoice price. You should be able to get one for $100 - $200 over that invoice price without a problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GAR,
There really is no more information to add. The options/package I have listed are the only ones I have selected:
FWD SLT 4 SB, second row bench, with DVD, 18" wheels; no navi, no sunroof, no other add ons. I went to Edmunds b/f going to the dealer and configured it exactly like this and the TMV is $36,604 (invoice $35,288) before the $500 customer cash incentive. My main concern is not the final price negotiated, but the lease terms-- is a 9% lease rate what others are getting right now?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey,

Where do you live? We just got a quote of MSRP $35,690. SLT-1 with convenience package and DVD Entertainment. Selling For $32, 305. Lease payment for 39 months. $462. Zero money out of pocket using my $2000 certificate towards purchase price. Rate is 7.25%. Residual 62%. We are in NJ and we also got $1000 in rebates as well, conquest $500 and philly auto show $500. Sounds like you got robbed with your deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The highest lease rate in the country is 8% it sounds like he bumped you a point.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I felt I was getting screwed so I walked. I am in south Georgia. I am working with another dealer now on the following:
2008 SLT 1 4SA
Silver, Ebony leather
convenience package
8 passenger seating
DVD entertainment system
Demo with 2680mi on it
lease/sale price $32,408 which includes $500 "lease rebate"
GM pays $1760 to Honda Finance to finish out my current MDX lease

36mo, 15k/year at $554/mo with $1587 due at signing (first payment $554, "dealer fee $399," and tax), 60%residual and 8% lease rate. The residual went down 2 points due to the mileage. I could buy it, but we change cars every 3 years or so and I find it easier to do that with the lease vs. trying to sell/trade-in etc. I was feeling good about this until I read bigboy4's deal! However, bigboy4's numbers are based on using his certificate towards his negotiated purchase price, whereas mine is going toward my current Acura lease, so I could still live with these numbers.

Javert, where did you find the lease rate numbers?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey BDMD!!!

The car is in our garage!!! Picked it up last night! So we put nothing out of our pocket! They used the FULL $2000 certificate WE chose to leave our current lease out and take care of ourself. We got the extra $1000 in rebates. Same exact car your are looking at it. We drove an hour away to get it and well worth it! All we have to take care of our NJ registration. $445.67 is payment on 39 month lease , 12 k per year. Good Luck on your deal and keep us posted!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh forgot to add that dealer we dealt with does NOT have advertising fees! We had went to our local dealer before the hour drive just to see what they would give us. They gave us a quote of $475 a month on an SLE White Diamond & basically were laughing at the deal we had on table for the SLT-1. They tried to convince us it was not real. Sooo we can't wait to pull into their dealership with our new car that they thought would NOT happen. LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bigboy4,
Thanks for your info. Just to be clear, I have a few more questions:
1)your msrp was 35, 690 which is the same as mine
2)was your purchase lease/price 32,305 before any rebates?
3)now, did you use your certificate towards the purchase price as a "down payment" per-se? in other words, did they figure your lease payments based on 32,305 minus the 2000 and minus the other 1000, so your lease payment was based on 29, 305? after doing that, you paid 0 at signing? Or, did they apply your 2000 towards whatever would have initially been due at signing? Or did they apply the 2000 as capitalized cost reduction on the lease?

I am getting 500 conquest rebate, so that puts me at 32,408; if I were to apply the 1760 towards the purchase/lease price that they will allow from my certificate that would put me at 30,648. I am not sure what my payment would be based on that. I still would end up paying the 1760 out of my pocket to pay off my Acura lease, which has 3 payments left.

PM me if you don't want to keep posting in this thread.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts