GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! I just dropped my 07 Acadia (production date 1-07) off at dealer 2nd time for leak at emergency brake pedal and hopefully latest TCM flash. They gave me an 08 Acadia to drive. (production date 7-07) What a difference a few months can make. This loaner has smooth shifting, real good response, no having to press down hard on pedal to get going. It is a world of difference, I'm hear to tell ya!! I pray the latest update coming for our 07's can bring us up to that kind of performance. It is amazing to feel the difference. All of us should test drive the 08's to feel it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You should get the service manager in with you on both rides so he feels our pain.

Just this morning I was stuck in traffic in the right lane. I was doing probably 15-20 MPH. The lane to my left was moving much faster then me, probably 60-65 MPH. As I was driving in my lane I left space between myself and the car in front of me. This would serve as my "launch pad" into the next lane. I saw a wide opening in my left lane and went for it. I hit the gas for "lift off" and moved into the next lane. Only problem was "lift off" was more like a rolling start. My Acadia took a second before it really got going. Next thing you know... I see an 18 wheeler truck in my rear view mirror hugging my bumper. He was proabaly piss mad at me for jumping out onto his lane.

One day I'd like to challenge a service manager to make that kind of move. My service manager keeps telling me that he hasn't gotten many tranny complaints. With my other suv I make the same move every day during my rush hour drives to work with no problem.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Rufio said:
One day I'd like to challenge a service manager to make that kind of move. My service manager keeps telling me that he hasn't gotten many tranny complaints. With my other suv I make the same move every day during my rush hour drives to work with no problem.
When you do that same move, let him sit in the 3rd row ;D

·
Registered
681 Posts
And there was just a post from a new 08 owner that says his tranny is hesitating - I wonder if the 08's with earlier build dates did not have the tranny update? or did the one you test drove have an update done?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I sure wish his '08 was built before August and hasn't got any updates yet.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
johnway said:
And there was just a post from a new 08 owner that says his tranny is hesitating - I wonder if the 08's with earlier build dates did not have the tranny update? or did the one you test drove have an update done?
I'm not sure if they did the update on tranny of loaner or not. Will ask when I return it. I would like to add it has a water leak at front passenger door. Very slight drip coming in on seat, raining hard here in MA today. :'( I am going to tell them when I give it back, so some poor soul does not have to get it fixed after purchase.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine was built in march and it is as smooth as the 08 also, wonder what kind of software they use? Sounds like some of them got a good flash and some didn't.

·
Registered
677 Posts
kram said:
I have an 08 Outlook that was built in July which has the newest update. you do have to push the pedal to go

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
johnway said:
Not sure if it had the update or not. I will ask next time I'm there. Build date on the 08 was 7-07.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kram said:
Build date was July 07, so maybe they did the update. Gonna ask next time I'm there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an 08 and I was complaining so it could have been me.

From hearing everyone talk it makes me wonder if I have an 07 that is being called an 08.

I don't know the build date, but we bought it around a month ago.

3 times to the shop.

1st time, they supposedly did a flash at the end of August. When they did, the spedometer went to reading a mile for every 10 miles you went. Transmission still very bad.

2nd time, they fixed it and supposedly got it right. You could notice a very minimal change...but it still sucked.

3rd time, wife took it by. He told her it was by design and they'd never had anyone else to complain. Also told her that you aren't supposed to use the cruise on hills. She drove in Northern Arkansas and it was a mess with or without cruise. The service guy told her that they knew of no shifting issues with the Acadia. Funny thing, next day we get a letter from GM acknowledging what we had told him...there were known shifting issues.

We are about to lemon law this piece of crap because it's unsafe for my family. When it takes 2-3 seconds for a vehicle to respond to you pressing the gas to pass someone, or when it violently shifts during speed up...there is a serious problem.

With a strike coming to GM, I'm not sure we are going to see this resolved anytime soon.

I'm very displeased and will never purchase a GM again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I received my 08 Outlook Saturday. It had a build date of 8/31.
I have put 180 miles on it as of this AM. 3 trips were on a 30 mile stretch of highway with me varying speed from 60 to 75. I merged, passed, caught up, etc with other vehicles.
I never gave one thought about the tranny and the problems I heard of on these forums. I just step on the gas and it responds quickly and smoothly. I drive with a light touch, to save gas, anyway but the performance has been there when I need it. I havn't needed to use more than half throttle yet.
I'm impressed!

·
Registered
32 Posts
there seems to be a lot of mixed ratings on the tranny for 07 and 08. I was just wondering out of all these posts if there was more correlation to awd vs fwd instead of build date???
Who has awd and who has fwd?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have an Jan. 07 AWD. The July 08 loaner Acadia that I am referring to in this post also was an AWD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2008 Outlook XR AWD. This transmission programming is a nightmare! It is always in the wrong gear. I find that I have to shift it manually and keep it in 4th gear around town. Mine shifts into third so early that it is dangerous to drive smoothly among traffic. Another problem is that it won't hold 6th at highway speeds if there is a slight uphill or headwind I have to keep it in 5th or else it downshifts constantly and then immediately back up again. It doesn't just downshift to 5th, but more like a 4.5 gear or something. So on the highway it goes like this.... cruising along @ 1800 rpm, here comes a slight uphill that you can barely see, downshift to 3000 rpm (vehicle lunges ahead) followed by immediate upshift to 2400 rpm and then another upshift back to 1800rpm. ... a few minutes later and it does it all again. The only way to avoid this is to drive in 5th, unless you have a tailwind or are driving downhill. I wish GM would get their act together, this is terrible! When people tell me they are considering a Lambda . I tell them to forget it! ... buy something else!!
I hope GM does something about this real soon. I am generally impressed with the Outlook but this transmission shifting is terrible!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
You have hit on the biggest problem of the Lambda's. Who ever ok'd the programming for this trans should be given another assignment. The V-6 does not have the torque to pull the overdrive unless it's going down hill or has a tailwind, so if the trans is left in D it will constantly hunt back and forth to find the appropriate gear. It will be interesting to see what all the shifting does to the durability of the trans. The car probably would be better off with a 5 speed and a lower top gear. It's really a shame that GM let this design slip through, but it's typical of how GM works. I would not buy this car again and would sell mine in a heartbeat except I hate losing money. I'm really tempted though.

·
Registered
812 Posts
"Who ever ok'd the programming for this trans should be given another assignment."[/color]

Thats an understatement, they should be :violent: then :uzi: :ack:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't know guys, I can cruise all day long on LA freeways at 75mph and it never pops out of 6th. Are you using cruise control? (I don't)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.