GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2013 acadia slt1 awd crimson red. 2009 Traverse LT fwd black cherry (rip buddy)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the upgrade bug like i did when we had the Traverse.
Mostly interior.
Foot well leds
Change all interior bulbs to led
Add 4 usb double port chargers. Taking out the cigarette lighter under the radio and the 2nd row one as well. The 3rd row I've got to find a spot. The speakers are in the way back there. I didn't have the 10 speaker set up in the Traverse.

Exterior.
Led hl and fogs
Led reverse lights
Led plate lights
Bug deflector
Sunroof bug deflector
Cross rails
Antenna
Air caps

The boss lady doesn't know me and the grandsons are doing this..

Under the hood.
I put in an oil catch can. Riveted to the air filter lid. There's not much space . Mine has a holder for media. I used stainless pot scrubber.

Kn Filter maybe
Under hood light maybe. Need to research this job

Has anyone put on a screen protector for the this radio? Fingerprints drive me nuts. I wanted to ask before searching.

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
You'll still leave fingerprints on a screen protector. Get a cloth for cleaning eye glasses and use it periodically.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol yeah, that's what i do now. Wife and grandkids are always messing with the radio

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
Reactions: Gmcde3 and lwcfmc

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'm still wondering why someone needs a dozen USB ports........... :devilish:
A dozen might not be needed, but no harm in one (or close to) per person. I think mine has 5, maybe 6. With 2 kids I regularly use 3, if I had 3 or 4 kids, maybe more would be useful.

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
A dozen might not be needed, but no harm in one (or close to) per person. I think mine has 5, maybe 6. With 2 kids I regularly use 3, if I had 3 or 4 kids, maybe more would be useful.
For 'charge only' USBs, all you'd need is one port and a hub.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
For 'charge only' USBs, all you'd need is one port and a hub.
Well, all anyone needs is 0, but I like the fact that my vehicle has charging locations for each row of seating for sure...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Taking the KN off the list. I'm slowly getting it done and will post some pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well here it is. I have the fogs and hl to do. Rubbed out, detailed for the wife.. led swap and foot wells added. Weather tech mat's came with it. I got the avs bug deflector off amazon warehouse for $17. I couldn't pass on it. I did the license plate, reverse lights as well. I think its dumb to have the TL led, but the others in the rear as halogen. I have the turn signals ordered and waiting for them.

I may change out the shift light. Lucky i dont have sausage fingers. Its a tight spot

Detailed for the wife:
Front End.jpg Driver.jpg Pass.jpg Rear.jpg

USBs:
USB front.jpg 2ND USB.jpg 4TH.jpg 3RD.jpg

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
How about learning how to insert pictures as thumbnails? Viewing them larger than full-screen is a pain in the butt! Thumbnails can be can be viewed like a slide show.

Reactions: Gmcde3

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
Way to go!! (y) (y)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's the others:
20210407_092517.jpg 20210407_092458.jpg 20210407_092312.jpg 20210407_092252.jpg .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are those valve caps aluminum? I strongly recommend not using metal caps. They corrode and get stuck on the valves, requiring replacement of the valves (especially expensive with TPMS). This happened to my neighbor and I have seen similar stories online.

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
Are those valve caps aluminum? I strongly recommend not using metal caps. They corrode and get stuck on the valves, requiring replacement of the valves (especially expensive with TPMS). This happened to my neighbor and I have seen similar stories online.
Galvanic corrosion will also attack the valve stem. Corrosion of the valve stem makes it susceptible to breakage when filling a tire with air. Your world can change dramatically if the schrader valve pops out when the valve stem breaks. ;)

Reactions: Gmcde3

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info. I'll prolly pop them off and add a lil anti seize to them.. or wait till some kids swipes them for their bicycle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited by Moderator)
Finally got all the bulbs changed out. Leds for everything. The pics suck i know

20210413_060837.jpg 20210413_060839.jpg 20210413_060926.jpg
And lunch..
20210413_132505.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts