GMC Acadia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 486 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey current and future GMC Acadia owners! Welcome to what we hope to be the place on the Internet for everything Acadia. Here, you'll find forums, picture galleries, polls and a calendar of events for America's favorite new Crossover Utility Vehicle. As a new Acadia owner myself, I plan to be an active forum participant and always around to keep things fresh and up-to-date.

As always, the standard rules apply - Try to keep posts on-topic, keep flame wars to a minimum, no racial or disrespectful comments.

If there is something we can do to make this site better, please don't hesitate to let us know. After all, the members are what it's all about. Let's make this a great community for all Acadia fans!

Thanks, and welcome to Acadiaforum.net!
Admin

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Nice layout and software.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! We have quite a few changes and upgrades planned in the next few days. I wanted to get the word out sooner rather than later, though, to get a little feedback from you guys. What would you guys like to see added to the site?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Excellent! I like the Acadia picture. Sure beats that 'spy' photo on the other site ;D

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yep, much better than the spy photo.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tdrumm said:
Nice forum, I moved over from the other site. Hopefully this one will get a little more activity.
I'm sure it will take a week or two to ramp up. Be sure to mention this site if you visit other GMC or Acadia forums so that we can get more users in here.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I moved over too.

My Acadia quest started like this.
I now own an 03 Expedition Eddie B 4X4 loaded. The fuel milage sucks BIG time.
A while back wifey & I saw a Caliper & thought they were cute untill we drove one. But it got us intrested in these new CUV's. We saw the Ford Edge & checked them out. We really like the Edge. Then we find out that we will be keeping our 2 grandkids for a while and that removed the 2 row Edge off our list.
Looking around we found the Acadia and are sold on this meeting our needs.

Both the Acadia & Edge were non existant on lots untill just a week ago.

We are just waiting on the supply chain to fill up so we can find one equiped like we want. Right now everything close to what we want has the Pan-roofs. That's not going to work here in the Florida sumertime 8).

We will wait a while longer. It's damn hard though :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Excellent layout and software......I'm definitely here to stay, and not looking back to the old "spy photo" forum.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Racefla, welcome to the forum! My Acadia search started about 3 weeks ago. I was watching an episode of motorweek and they reviewed the Saturn Outlook. Now this show always goes pretty easy on their reviews, but they couldn't stop raving about the outlook and quite frankly, it was THE best looking saturn I've ever seen (well, maybe tied with the Sky Redline). It just so happens that my wife is 6 months pregnant and she was wanting to replace her Altima with something bigger. She wanted something with three rows of seating, but with a pass thru in the second row, since we'll soon have two carseats attached to those. I was intrigued so I went online to find more info and discovered its sister cars, the Acadia and Enclave. While I personally liked the hidden D pillars on the Saturn model better, I liked everything else more on the GMC. And honestly (this is probably a bit naive), I felt like GMC had a MUCH better reputation than Saturn with regards to quality and refinement. It just so happened that the Washington Auto Show the was next weekend, so I talked my wife into going there to look at the various option available (and try to talk her out of a minivan, which she was positive was the best way to go). We left there extremely impressed with the Acadia. the next day, we test drove a Pacifica and the Outlook (GMC dealerships weren't open on Sunday) and were sold. Two days later, we test drove an Acadia and drove one home by the end of the week.

I have yet to read a single negative review of this thing. It's fantastic!
BTW, be sure to check out this thread on how to quickly search the inventories of many dealers near you. http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=13.0

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
clsuper said:
Excellent layout and software......I'm definitely here to stay, and not looking back to the old "spy photo" forum.
Thanks clsuper, and welcome! It's only going to get better...

·
Registered
182 Posts
No prob.  I posted a couple of links to this forum on the Carspace message boards, but they didn't stay up for long.  I don't think the mods liked the idea of being a "referral service" :D

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Nice site. Nothing quite so helpful as an active car site and message board.

My employer recently offered to provide a vehicle to replace my 2002 Acura MDX. Needing to keep the price within the approved range, I searched the market (Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Murano, Ford Explorer, etc.). I came close to ordering a Nissan Pathfinder, but I couldn't get excited about it (what with that small second-row seat and all).

Then I saw an article about the Saturn Outlook. I went and looked at it, and was impressed. I did a little more research on the net, learned about the lambda triplets, and went to a GMC dealership. They had just received their first Acadia right of the truck, not even prepped. I liked it even more than the Saturn. That weekend, I went to the local auto show and did some more comparisons. A couple of days later, I finally had the chance to test drive an Acadia. I was sold. We ordered a silver SLT-1 a couple of weeks ago. Now, the wait . . .

Kelly

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome aboard kjf and Scotty! We just purchased our Acadia on Friday and LOVE it. I have a feeling this thing is gonna sell very well for GM. As an Acadia owner, I plan on contributing to this site as much as anyone, so I'll be around to insure things keep (hopefully) getting better.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
One question - is there a "go to first unread message" option for each thread? It's a bit of a pain to have to scroll down each time looking for the first new message. I've probably just overlooked something.

Kelly

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just a note to say "THANKS" for a great forum! Its gone right to the top of my Acadia research list. Looking to buy this summer or fall. Definitely a step up from anything else available.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice site....Thanks for taking the time to create it. If you need any help please let me know.

Adam Boca

1 - 20 of 486 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.