GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Homelink garage door opener is very weak and will only open the door when we are inches away. The standard remote that came with the opener works from a half block down the street, even when sitting in the cup holder. We had a Chevy Tahoe with a Homelink opener and it worked like the remote that came with the opener. Anyone else experience this issue? I have yet to take it to the dealer for this issue.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
294 Posts
Instead of just pushing the button, try to hold down on it for a few seconds. This seems to make a lot of difference in ours. When just pushing the range is to the end of the driveway. By holding it a few seconds, it works from 4 houses down the block. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I push and hold mine until I see the door opening. I works from about 4 houses away which is the same as the other openers.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mine works coming down my road, behind my house...hold for a second or so and it works great! :thumb:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Same here. Mine works well...I just had to get used to pushing the button for a longer time than I was used to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought the same thing when I tried to use mine for the first time, but holding in down a few seconds REALLY made a huge difference. It works from several hundred feet away.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I tried this again last night...I'm probably 2x as far away opening my door as when I had the actual garage door opener in my Yukon. Push and hold...it works wonders! :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Heck....I can't even get mine to synch up! How's that for range! :banghead:

·
Registered
123 Posts
kwicslvr, I had a problem with my homelink holding the programing. My dealer replaced the unit and the new one works fine.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
kwicslvr said:
Heck....I can't even get mine to synch up! How's that for range! :banghead:
I have a Sears garage opener with some sort of high tech security. I know that it was a bit tricky to get it to work and I had to follow the instructions from both the car and my opener manual to get it to work. It actually took me several failed attempts until I got help with the button pushing. I needed to push the little button on the garage door opener and then push the homelink in the car to get it to sync properly. My problem was that I could not get down off the ladder in time.

Good luck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry! I just gave up! As much as I wanted the Homelink to work it's just not worth the aggravation to set up.

·
Registered
812 Posts
mine i havent sync yet, still busy changing diapers :binky: :help:, but have the same situation as GAR with these new model garage opener.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Good luck SioXie. I remember that the directions said something like "you will need to repeat this process multiple times" making me think it was hit or miss. But once I got it working, it has been flawless since and is a very nice thing to have.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Thanks GAR, i guess iw wont be a problem as my garage opener is exactly the one described on the manual. now if only i and my wife got the time, afterall its a 2-man job...... :help:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
SioXie said:
Thanks GAR, i guess iw wont be a problem as my garage opener is exactly the one described on the manual. now if only i and my wife got the time, afterall its a 2-man job...... :help:
And your daughter isn't up to it yet? What's up with her? Isn't she developing on track!!?? :angel:

Really ... don't worry about homelink for awhile.... your baby is much higher priority!! :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts