GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a couple of restless nights trying to decide how bad we needed an Acadia, my wife went and bought ours today. We got a Medium Brown Metallic SLT-2 AWD w/ everything except HUD and rear audio controls. We had both decided that we liked the brown, and there was only one in our area (Seattle) that had everything that we wanted. If we decided to wait, we weren't sure how long it would take for this peticular one to come up again without ordering one.

My wife cried a little to see the '04 Honda Odyssey go, especially since there was really nothing wrong with it, but she was done driving the "minivan"!! Now she's worried about the kids' dirty softball cleats getting in the back of her Acadia!!

I've only driven the thing about 5 miles, but it sure seems like a nice vehicle!! I can't wait to go out and figure out the navagation system later tonight!!

I'll have to post a couple pictures later on, but it was pretty humorous when our neighbors came over tonight to look at the car. Their first comment was - "did you know that the brown matches your house exactly??". Oh man, now we have to paint the house -- little did we know that it looks like we really love the color brown!!!

So I read some pretty negative reviews on Edmunds.com about the actual gas mileage that people have been getting with the Acadia. Has anyone been getting the published mileage?? Kind of scares me a little when I saw gas for $3.36 a gallon here in Seattle today!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
congrats on the acadia!!!!! great switch from minivan to cuv, or anything is better than a minivan! imo! no offence to the minivan drivers

·
Registered
218 Posts
Congrats! You will be getting if not the same a little bit better than your Oddysey. Where in Seattle did you get it from?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boltbacker, I see you are from Auburn -- we are from NE Tacoma, just up the road up hwy 18. I have yet to see another Acadia on the road, how about yourself? We found our metallic brown at Brotherton GMC in Renton.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats on the new Acadia. Great color choice. It is the most under rated choice out there.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Congrats!! That was the color I saw at the Auto Show and it really pulled me in. Have fun with all of the buttons!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
We also have the awd Acadia. We live in the mountains in S. Calif at about 7000'. Driving up and down the mountain and some freeway driving, we have been getting around 17 mpg. We have yet to take it on a trip so I'm not sure what the highway mpg will be. Our best so far is 23 mpg.,

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I love the medium brown metallic. If my dealer had one on the lot the day I was there to purchase that I could afford, I'd be driving that color. :)

As for gas mileage, I've been getting what is expected of a FWD Acadia.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like the brown also. What interior color? Congrats on your new Acadia. :cheers:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FRW said:
I like the brown also. What interior color? Congrats on your new Acadia. :cheers:
We have the Ebony interior. Could be hot in the summer, but figured with 2 kids, age 4 and 8, it is probably the best choice!! Wife just went to a meeting this morning and programmed the NAV for a place she wasn't sure was at. Just called to say it got her there perfect - said the lady has a "nice voice". Pretty cool!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Welcome fellow Washingtonian. If you would like I could let you know when I will be on I-5 so you could see me. I still haven't seen one on the road either so I would make me happy too.

Also congratulations on your new purchase.

·
Registered
218 Posts
With as much as I drive I cannot believe I haven't ran into either one of you. I have seen a couple on the road, but suprizingly I have seen more Outlooks. Tacoma, did your sales person at Brotherton have you push your OnStar blue button? If not please do this ASAP.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boltbacker said:
With as much as I drive I cannot believe I haven't ran into either one of you. I have seen a couple on the road, but suprizingly I have seen more Outlooks. Tacoma, did your sales person at Brotherton have you push your OnStar blue button? If not please do this ASAP.
We did the OnStar registration last night on our way to a little celebratory dinner at the Cliffhouse!! -- Where exactly is the OnStar microphone? My wife was trying to do the voice prompts from the passenger seat, and it sometimes didn't understand her until she spoke up. Is it only intended to be used from the driver seat? I know, "read the manual" -- haven't done that yet!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think the microphone is either on the bottom or the front of the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It is in the top console where the map lights are, if you speak up a little it will pick up the voice from both front seats. Feel free to as me any questions with OnStar or XM I work OnStar and cover Wa, Id, Mt, and Alaska.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have a question, everyone is accusing me of yelling when I'm talking via hands free. Is there a way to turn down the volume on my voice? I turn down the normal volume control but they still say I'm too loud. If this is true, I feel sorry for the OnStar people!!

Also, do they have a pronunciation guide for names? I still can't get over the fact that I have called several times (I LOVE IT!!!) and never have they mispronounced it!!!! No one ever gets it right!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats! :cheers: Glad you were able to find one with everything you wanted. The brown is very striking (we saw one at the dealership and almost came home with that one too - but held out for the second row bench seating).

This is our third day as owners and we are so pleased with the vehicle. ENJOY!

·
Registered
218 Posts
mckcab said:
I have a question, everyone is accusing me of yelling when I'm talking via hands free. Is there a way to turn down the volume on my voice? I turn down the normal volume control but they still say I'm too loud. If this is true, I feel sorry for the OnStar people!!

Also, do they have a pronunciation guide for names? I still can't get over the fact that I have called several times (I LOVE IT!!!) and never have they mispronounced it!!!! No one ever gets it right!
There is no way to turn down the volume of the mic, just talk normal that is what I tell everyone, as far as a pronunciation yes, they can put the spellings of customers names by phonitics.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That is SOOO COOOOL! I think I like OnStar the best of all my gadgets!!! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts