GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with Jerry at INJEN in Pomona, CA.

They are willing to design a Cold Air Intake System for our vehicle!!! ALL WE NEED IS YOU!!!

They need someone from Southern Cali to come in so they can use your vehicle to design a system for our Acadia's.

You WILL get a FREE Cold Air Intake System at the very least for doing this (they run upwards of $400 retail depending on the system). These are the best selling CAI systems on the market today and perform!

Please contact Jerry at INJEN: [email protected]

Ph: Tel 909.839.0706 (x201)

Address:

Injen Technology Co., Ltd.
285 Pioneer Place
Pomona, CA 91768

·
Registered
752 Posts
any idea how long they would need the car?

·
Registered
730 Posts
that would be great if they could manufacture one for our :thumb:

·
Registered
533 Posts
kram,

"off topic", but what's the "smooth..." beneath your picture???

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Would we break the factory warranty if we add a CAI? By the way why? Injen? I've had better success with AEM. Just my 2 cents. It's been a while since I used a CAI.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Smooth said:
kram,

"off topic", but what's the "smooth..." beneath your picture???

Smooth <><[/color]
nothing really..i think i put it in when i replaced the avatar...at that time, perhaps i was thinking about smooth sailin', smooth ride..something like that.

sorry OP for the OT...

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
It's OK to 'fess up to being a fan... in addition to Smooth <>< [/color](our most colorful poster BTW ;)) I like Smooth Jazz and Smooth PB on occasion, and have been following in the foot (post?) steps of GAR and the Queen for 3 months and 9 days. :)

Don't feel too bad about the OT, it has the beneficial side effect of moving 3rd Timer's post to the top of the list for visibility. I was wondering the same thing anyway...

Freakout in: 3[/color]

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ttwins1107 said:
Would we break the factory warranty if we add a CAI? By the way why? Injen? I've had better success with AEM. Just my 2 cents. It's been a while since I used a CAI.
In my experience working with dealers and working in two of them myself (German & British Auto side of the house) and knowing the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 rather well since I have dealt with dealerships on several issues both professional and on a personal level.

No one can void your warranty - period, for adding and aftermarket product to your car. If they push this and say that they can, get it in writing and it's Hammer Time!!!

http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm

Why INJEN?
I have friends/clients that have installed our INJEN systems and have seen remarkable results. Not to mention that Amsoil carries the Nano Fiber filter that we sell with the INJEN systems. Fit and quality in these units is top-notch, as well as their customer support.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
3rd Timer said:
No one can void your warranty - period, for adding and aftermarket product to your car. If they push this and say that they can, get it in writing and it's Hammer Time!!!
True. They cannot void the warranty just because you have aftermarket parts. But just for clarification: If the aftermarket parts and/or installation causes the failure, then they do not need to cover it under warranty.

·
Registered
134 Posts
REALLY??? Soo now i'm wondering if Nissan Serv rep got me on this.. I swapped out my factory stereo to an obviously an aftermarket one. In doing so I needed to remove the center panel which included my AC/ controls. 2 years later the knob broke OR I should say the whole mechanism. I took it to Nissan and the serv rep said they cannot cover it under warranty cuz I changed my stereo and in doing so I tampered with the knobs. Did nissan get me on this?

3rd Timer said:
ttwins1107 said:
In my experience working with dealers and working in two of them myself (German & British Auto side of the house) and knowing the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 rather well since I have dealt with dealerships on several issues both professional and on a personal level.

http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm

Why INJEN?
I have friends/clients that have installed our INJEN systems and have seen remarkable results. Not to mention that Amsoil carries the Nano Fiber filter that we sell with the INJEN systems. Fit and quality in these units is top-notch, as well as their customer support.

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
Well we installed the aftermarket HID's and the dealer has just ordered my new headlight assemblies for me to replace the fogged up wattery ones that came in teh truck from teh factory. No questions or anythign at all.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
3rd Timer said:
You WILL get a FREE Cold Air Intake System at the very least for doing this (they run upwards of $400 retail depending on the system). These are the best selling CAI systems on the market today and perform!
Appreciate the information 3rd. Their cold air intake tube is of aluminum for my pony which draws heat. I have www.sbfilters.com as my preference. There really is no advantage in installing a CAI on stock V6 engine other than gain 1-2 mpg which was my purpose. It does make a lot of noise to make you believe you just added 20hp, though. October 07, MM&FF magazine they did tests on CAI's that required tuning and couple that did not on an auto GT. Long Story Short, Save your money if you think it makes the machine faster. I might be off a month or two on magazine article issue. I think in the qtr mile whether tuned or using non tuned CAI, gained 1-2 mph and time was 00.20 better w CAI.
CAI's are pretty much a myth or gimmick if you think your adding huge amounts of HP....etc. You can call MM&FF and obtain the article or magazine that relates to their 2007 CAI testing. It was a real eye opener for me and sure for millions of other readers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well since it's FREE to whomever might go there for this test bed... it might be worth it.
As far as the horsepower/Torque... any less restrictive intake will make a difference. Some more than others. 8-12HP mostly with what we have here. Nice thing about the Injen line that Amsoil carries is the NanoFiber Filter that's offered(read up on it). Anything to add to more oomph to our V6 heavy pig will help!

Funny how Ford will be offering and upgraded engine in their SUV that competes with ours.

Most CIA's are a POS... myth for some and yet not all of them. Seen a few dyno tests in person with decent ones on the new VW 2.0t's (upto +12HP) and they really help.. as well as several Detroit V8's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just sent Jerry an e-mail asking if he is still looking for an Acadia to design a CAI off of. I'll let you know what he says.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just about anyone can make a CAI. You just need some tubing and <insert preferred brand of filter here>. Typically, a cone-style filter is the most common as they are very easy to bolt on to the tubing with a simple $5-$10 adapter. Sadly, I'm not surprised the demand isn't there for a manufacturer to add an Acadia application, but it's not impossible to do on your own.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
It's a fine point, but you can actually end up worse off with a badly laid out system. The C means cold, and some systems I've seen draw air from under the hood directly behind the radiator- H for hot! The system (Roto-Fab) I bought for my Challenger is neat- it is a plastic box that draws external air from the stock airbox location (it replaces the box) and then the top seals against the hood to keep hot air outside. The tube is also plastic so it does not draw heat as teeter mentioned.

On some setups, it is really unavoidable- I have so much packed under the hood of my BMW that the filter is mounted directly on the turbo- not ideal, but at least it is offset and can get some cooler air from the front of the bay. It would require a lot of surgery to move it for cold air intake. I've seen builders put filters directly on the throttle body of engine swap cars and not even try to use the stock inlet or an alternative for induction. All three of my Datsun, Toyota, and Mazda swaps have a large diameter tube that goes to the front of the car through or under the core support.

As mtnbound says, it can be done. The Acadia is off limits to me for performance mods. :) I got enough heat putting the nav over ride switch in there.

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
Blue,

You got rid of your little post script from this previous statement:

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
It's OK to 'fess up to being a fan... in addition to Smooth <>< [/color](our most colorful poster BTW ;)) I like Smooth Jazz and Smooth PB on occasion, and have been following in the foot (post?) steps of GAR and the Queen for 3 months and 9 days. :)

Don't feel too bad about the OT, it has the beneficial side effect of moving 3rd Timer's post to the top of the list for visibility. I was wondering the same thing anyway...

Freakout in: 3[/color]
What's the meaning? Who's quote is it? (I know what it says)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts