GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our ordering story:

First of all, awesome salesman. Never pushed anything, very friendly, genuine, not even the least bit slimy. Price on paper matched everything we'd discussed over the phone. He even waived the doc fees.

KBB "good" condition on our trade is $4135, they offered us $3400. Their reasoning was that it would be 2 months from now, would have more miles, blah blah blah. I made the suggestion that they give us KBB "good" condition number at the time of actual trade when the acadia comes in. So we rerun the numbers in 2 months and get that... minus $200 for tires. Essentially we talked them into adding about $500 to their trade offer. I felt pretty good about that. I no longer feel a burning need to sell it privately. (if KBB is way less in 2 months then the floor price is their original $3400 offer, so it can't be lower than that).

No deposit requested and we got to test drive an SLE they had on the lot just for fun. Took less than 30 minutes, a very enjoyable experience. Hopefully the actual purchase goes just as well.

Heather

·
Registered
262 Posts
Outstanding! From looking at what you ordered, that's almost exactly the one we want. I think we're gonna go ahead with the bench 2nd row for max occupancy though. Just curious: how long did the dealership quote you it would take to be ready?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He thought 6-8 weeks, depending on shipping time. I'm honestly hoping for 8 weeks so its a little closer to labor day. I'm hoping for some labor day rebates or incentives to show up. The drawback is that 8 weeks is when I will deliver our 2nd child, so it may have to sit on the lot until I'm healed enough to pick it up. :) I don't want my husband to have all the fun going to get it.

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 week plant shutdown? That's probably going to make it 10 weeks before delivery and I'll probably miss the labor day incentives! Dang!

·
Registered
45 Posts
bhpeters said:
2 week plant shutdown? That's probably going to make it 10 weeks before delivery and I'll probably miss the labor day incentives! Dang!
I wouldn't beat yourself up over that as I would be shocked if they offer anymore incentives on the Acadia for a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts