GMC Acadia Forum banner

We also did it!!!

9K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  DSNY FN 
#1 ·
My husband and I just purchased an Blue Gold SLE with cold weather, preferred and trailering package. In our area right now they are offering 0% interest on 2008 models. We weren't really even in the market for a new vehicle but when we went to the dealer and saw the Acadia! Well need I say more. This is the first vehicle we have ever purchased from GM. It better be good. We have always bought foreign. We looked at several others including the CX9, Murano,etc, etc, We just kept coming back to the Acadia. We think it is the nicest one of the bunch. At first we told the dealer to look for a Liquid Crystal one then I saw a BGCM drive by my house and loved it. needless to say the dealer was not that pleased when I called to cancel the other one and had him look for a BGCM. But he found one with all the things we wanted. Lucky. The 2008 are now getting harder to find because of the 0% I guess they are selling out.

This site has also helped us purchase the options that were necessary. Like the fact that at first we were not going to get the preferred package with dual climate control, Until we read the thread on unlocking the DIC. Also this particular car had a trailering package which we went for just in case we want to tow anything, after reading through all the threads on towing etc.

We are planning on installing either overhead DVD or headrests, we haven"t quite decided. We also like the look of the aftermarket chrome grills. Hopefully it will here from the other dealer in the next few days and we can pick it up by next week!!

See less See more
#3 ·
emnel said:
We are planning on installing either overhead DVD or headrests, we haven"t quite decided. We also like the look of the aftermarket chrome grills. Hopefully it will here from the other dealer in the next few days and we can pick it up by next week!!
Congrats, if you are planning on putting in headrest DVD's there is a thread on here telling you where to get them cheap, I just don't know which thread of the top of my head.

#4 ·
Welcome aboard. It's a win/win on these 2008 models- people are getting a good vehicle and a great price, and GM is clearing inventory. Glad you were able to find what you needed, and that the Forum was of assistance in the matter. Keep on posting & we can help with post-delivery issues as well. Just think of us as a Pediatric Group :).

#6 ·
1st GM here too, and you won't be disappointed (assuming you get the transmission 5/8 flash!!!!!!!!!).

I hear you about the CX9 and others---I wanted and love the quad buckets/7 passenger seating, among other things, in the Acadia, and kept coming back to it too. So I can relate.

Best of luck!

#9 ·
You are correct we are in Ontario, Canada. I forgot to mention that we did opt of the 7 passenger seating combo as well. We were planning on doing that trani flash after we get the parts for the DIC. Not like I really know what I am talking about, I just read the threads and my husband explains it all to me. :help: All I know is that I would like a few more perks with my Acaidia without having to pay big bucks. I did not know that the instrumentation was different until we started reading this forum. I would like to know the fuel economy. I do however think it is kind of petty of GM not to include all that info for all the Acadias. I will keep posting for sure, esp when it is finally delivered. I will find out for sure tomorrow from the dealer that he was able to secure that particular vehicle from the other dealership. I don't see why it would be a problem it was is stock. I will let you all know then. If so he said it would be here by Wed or Thurs!!! :blob:
I am sure I will have more questions and I won't be shy is asking. :-*

#10 ·
JoJo said:
Interested in knowing what area you are from? Wondering where the 0% financing is being offered?
Cough...<Shameless help thread plug>
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4273.0

Read Blue's Clues said:
Why should I put my location in my profile?
Often your question or issue is or could be regional in nature. By placing your location in your profile, no one needs to ask you where you are. Your location is essential on a for sale post, since usually someone out of the area will not be interested in your item.

And while we're at it:

How do I change my information (the stuff you see under my username)?
On the top left menu, click on “Profile”. You then see a screen with menus on the left. You can change all your settings here, such as your avatar (picture everyone sees by your username) and your signature (what everyone sees under your post).

Why should I put my year and model in my signature?
As with the location issue, often a question you are asking about your Acadia will require those replying to know what you have. All trim levels (SLE, SLT1, SLT2) have different equipment and options. There are also differences between front wheel drive (FWD) and all wheel drive (AWD).

#11 ·
Blue
That was shameless. :eek:hno:
Actually this is my husband account. I just logged on, using his profile. He signed up and put the profile in here. I will change it as soon as I get my Acadia and know for sure what options we are going to get, then I will add all the stuff we are planning on doing to it. :thumb:

#12 ·
EDIT- forgot you were Canadian-[/color] :)
His and hers accounts, eh[/color]?

wheels are turning... I wonder if posts from the same family count towards your total ???

Seems like that might be a worthwhile concept. ;)

as soon as I get my Acadia
Glad to know who the Acadia belongs to. Kind of the same around here. I just get to pay for it & give it presents, (kind of like our kids) but the IRS won't accept a VIN as a Social Security #, so I lose out there.

#13 ·
Blue
OOPS you are right I did say my :confused: I meant our Acadia. It will pretty much just sit in the driveway looking fab during the week. My husband drives a diesel Jetta to work and back because of the awesome fuel economy and a very long commute. We wanted a vehicle to use as a family on the weekends to go shopping, and do the running around. Hard to fit all the stuff you need, plus the kidsin our car. Well you know how it is. Hopefully when we get the DVD thing sorted out we won't have to listen to " how much loner, are we there yet" kind of stuff coming from the back seat. :) I am still waiting to hear from the dealer, to make sure we got the one we wanted. I am afraid to call the guy. After all we changed our mind once already. I am sure he was not thrilled to have to cancel the silver one and then look around for a Blue Gold. I guess that is a womans prerogative, to change her mind. ;D

#15 ·
The funny thing is... this isn't even a GMC dealer, it is a chevy dealer and they gave me the best price in our area, Other GMC dealerships couldn't or wouldn't come close.

#16 ·
NEVER MIND
We did not get the BGCM the manager said that the deal was already set with the other dealership for the Liquid Silver. Not that I don't like the other one but it does not have dual climate control and after reading this forum I really would like to unlock the DIC. It also does not have the towing package that I was getting used to the idea of having. I am kind of pissed off to say the least. :angryfire: :angryfire:I almost feel like canceling all together. :angryfire: :angryfire:He said it is actually already in his system and everything. Is that true?
I guess the 08 are getting harder to find because of the great financing. The problem is if I go to another dealership they will also charge me more. This was the best price I could find. I am sure I will love it when i get it.

#17 ·
It does seem odd buying a new GMC at a Chevy dealer. Apparently any GM dealer can dealer trade as needed.

If I am understanding your last post correctly, you had negotiated a Liquid Silver 2008 that they were getting at another dealer. It does not have the options/equipment the 2008 Blue-Gold one does, and you like the Blue-Gold better, but the dealer says you are stuck with the Liquid Silver one.

Do you have a deposit in place or have you put out any money? I don't see a dealer trade being cast in stone, it is not like they are having one built. If the dealer won't deal, you can pull the plug and deal with the GMC dealer directly. Can't hurt to ask- you should get the employee pricing OR 0% anyway so there is nothing to negotiate.

#18 ·
emnel said:
NEVER MIND
We did not get the BGCM the manager said that the deal was already set with the other dealership for the Liquid Silver. Not that I don't like the other one but it does not have dual climate control and after reading this forum I really would like to unlock the DIC. It also does not have the towing package that I was getting used to the idea of having. I am kind of pissed off to say the least. :angryfire: :angryfire:I almost feel like canceling all together. :angryfire: :angryfire:He said it is actually already in his system and everything. Is that true?
I guess the 08 are getting harder to find because of the great financing. The problem is if I go to another dealership they will also charge me more. This was the best price I could find. I am sure I will love it when i get it.
You should call Brianfinch in London and talk to Craig Stott I would bet dollars to doughnuts he will find you what you are looking for and get you teh best possible price on it. On a side note my 09 will have the single zone manula HVAC and I have from Brianfinch the schematic wiring diagram on what wires need to be spliced in order to add the DIC switches and wiring harness. Finch looked it all up for me for nothing and printed it all out.

#19 ·
The problem is my hubby is away on a business trip so I am the one finding all this stuff out now. :banghead: I don't want to cancel, I am not that type of person. What happens if I cancel this deal and then another dealer can't get what I want either. We have only put down a small deposit. The manager said he had a hard time finding it in the first place. He only ended up with this one because it was sold then the people could not get the financing. Or is this guy just blowing smoke up my @ss!!! I ended getting this one for invoice. When talking to the other dealers in our area would not do.
Dsny Fn
I don't want to call your guy and have him look all over, for nothing if he can't find it then get nothing out of his efforts.
I called my husband and he was a little disappointed but not quite as pissed as me. although it is his money. It is pretty much our fault, the guy did find what we asked him for. But I only called the day after to change it. I did not think it was that big of a deal.
I may call your guy tomorrow just to get pricing then that will tell me if I am going to cancel or not. If not I will be watching your thread on installing your own DIC into an SLE

Thanks guys for letting me vent!!!

#20 ·
I think it becomes a big(ger) deal when the inventory is down and it is not as easy to quickly find what you want. If this was for an 09 I believe it would have been harmless and seamless.

Ironically I ended up with the Silver and love it. I had test driven it and kept coming back to it although I really liked several colors. So it's all good.

#21 ·
emnel said:
The problem is my hubby is away on a business trip so I am the one finding all this stuff out now. :banghead: I don't want to cancel, I am not that type of person. What happens if I cancel this deal and then another dealer can't get what I want either. We have only put down a small deposit. The manager said he had a hard time finding it in the first place. He only ended up with this one because it was sold then the people could not get the financing. Or is this guy just blowing smoke up my @ss!!! I ended getting this one for invoice. When talking to the other dealers in our area would not do.
Dsny Fn
I don't want to call your guy and have him look all over, for nothing if he can't find it then get nothing out of his efforts.
I called my husband and he was a little disappointed but not quite as pissed as me. although it is his money. It is pretty much our fault, the guy did find what we asked him for. But I only called the day after to change it. I did not think it was that big of a deal.
I may call your guy tomorrow just to get pricing then that will tell me if I am going to cancel or not. If not I will be watching your thread on installing your own DIC into an SLE

Thanks guys for letting me vent!!!
Craig is awesome no worries he will look for the vehicle you want and if he finds it he will call and let you know he has found one and the price he can put together for you if you like it great if not let him know. This is just one of the things he does for people. To call back the next day should not havwe been an issue at all IMHO and a good salesperson would help to find you the vehicle you really want. I am also going to post a scan of the wiring diagram I get from teh delaership so hopefully others can use it.

#22 ·
I just talked to hubby and I am calling your guy first thing in the morning. If they don't want to find me the one I want I will get it somewhere else!!!! :angryfire:

#23 ·
emnel said:
I just talked to hubby and I am calling your guy first thing in the morning. If they don't want to find me the one I want I will get it somewhere else!!!! :angryfire:
Just sent you a PM good luck tomorrow and let me know what happens.

#24 ·
The vehicle you want is out there right? Your dealer said it was there, but he was unable to get it because he sealed on the other one.
It should not be a problem for another dealer or the Brian Finch dealer to find that same vehicle and get it. If yours doesn't want to work with you, then don't work with him at all. Walk!!

You said that you were gettign 0% financing. Is the employee pricing and $1500 incentive not available in Canada right now?

Side note for anyone..... How come you can not search for vehicles in Canada on the GMC site?

#25 ·
Is this the vehicle you wanted?

Vehicle Detail

(1 of 5)

2008 GMC Acadia FWD

MSRP:

Purchase Price:
$39,745.00

Photo is example only. Vehicle not exactly as shown.

VIN: 1GKERXXXXXXXXX473
Stock Number: 95376
Exterior Colour: Blue-gold Crystal (met)
Interior Colour: Ebony Cloth
Engine: 6 Cyl. 3.6l
Transmission: Automatic 6-spd (fwd)
Option Package: Preferred Equipment Group
Options: Seating, 8-pass. 2,3,3
Seat Adjuster, Driver, Power
Seat Adjuster, Passenger Power
Rear, 2nd Row, Split Back Folding
Remote Keyless Entry With Remote Start
Air Conditioning, Front Tri-zone
Mirror, Isrv, Electrochromatic W/ Compass
Ratio Transaxle Final Drive 3.16
2,908 Kgs (6,411 Lbs)
18" X 7.5" Aluminum Painted
P255/65r18 Bw-als
Preferred Package
Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist
Speaker System, 6-speaker
Cd, Am/fm Stereo, W/ Mp3 & Rds
License Plate Frt, Mounting Pkg.
Heated Windshield Washer Fluid

MICHAEL BOYER PONTIAC BUICK GMC • 715 KINGSTON ROAD, PICKERING, ON, L1V1A9
Phone: (905) 831-2693 • Fax: (905) 420-0299
E-Mail: michaelboyerpontiac@gm.ca

#26 ·
Here is one located at the Brian Finch Dealership that DSNY FN mentioned
2008 GMC Acadia FWD

MSRP:

Purchase Price:
$39,680.00

VIN: 1GKERXXXXXXXXX337
Stock Number: 85786
Exterior Colour: Deep Blue (met)
Interior Colour: Ebony Cloth
Engine: 6 Cyl. 3.6l
Transmission: Automatic 6-spd (fwd)
Option Package: Preferred Equipment Group
Options: Seating, 7-pass. 2,2,3
Seat Adjuster, Driver, Power
Seat Adjuster, Passenger Power
2nd Row Captains Chairs
Air Conditioning, Front Tri-zone
Mirror, Isrv, Electrochromatic W/ Compass
Ratio Transaxle Final Drive 3.16
2,908 Kgs (6,411 Lbs)
18" X 7.5" Aluminum Painted
P255/65r18 Bw-als
Preferred Package
Speaker System, 6-speaker
Cd, Am/fm Stereo, W/ Mp3 & Rds
License Plate Frt, Mounting Pkg.

BRIAN FINCH PONTIAC BUICK GMC LTD. • 300 SOUTHDALE ROAD EAST, LONDON, ON, N6C5Y7
Phone: (888) 257-3753 • Fax: (519) 685-2756
E-Mail: brianfinchpontiac@gm.ca

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.