GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure this is a line of crud. But my mother was told that cars come pre-waxed from the factory so you do not have to wax them for the first year. I have never heard this before- how about anybody else?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would agree with your line of thinking. There's a lot of "crap" that builds up on cars after they leave the factory (and even when they're rolling out of the factory). Think of all the dust and debris that could build up on the paint when being transported, or all of the water etching, bird crap and tree sap that gets on them in dealer lots. When I get my Acadia, I'll be doing a light polish on it to clean up the paint and then applying some sealant wax with winter right around the corner. So, bottom line, I would be giving it a very good wash and wax. If you feel comfortable with claying, I would recommend a clay as well. Try putting a sandwich baggie on your hand and feel the hood. If it feels smooth, then there's no need to clay. If it feels like sandpaper, then you should be claying it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
djkson said:
I am pretty sure this is a line of crud. But my mother was told that cars come pre-waxed from the factory so you do not have to wax them for the first year. I have never heard this before- how about anybody else?
It is a line of crud. I actually try to get the factory wax off as quickly as possible and apply a nice reputable polish & wax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts