GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some water leak problems posted here. I'm wondering what everyone's done about the obvious distress associated with this. I had my car in 4 times to get the leaks fixed. Finally, the last time when the driver side was saturated, the service department took care of it. But a few days later, I find corrosion on my seat rails and the hardware. That's been my concern from the beginning. And what else is underlying that I can't see now that may manifest later?

I contacted GM and after lots of runarounds, they offered a service care package (i.e. free tire rotations and oil changes) but how is that going to fix the problems inherent now?!? It's ridiculous! I refused to take it and they closed the case as "Dissatisfied"?!? Nothing in writing.

Anyway, I've had to contact a lawyer. Who subsequently said he's been contacted by 3 other Acadia owners in regards to the leak problem (with the recent heavy rain in SoCal).

I'm so not impressed with GM at this point. Does anyone have any ideas how else this could've been handled?

·
Registered
812 Posts
this was the main reason i opted not go with the sunroof package because of the fear of water leaks.... EN, what year and model is your Acadia? Do you have a sunroof?

i suggest you search the thread regarding water leaks as there are others like you that have the same problem. Some were resolved by a dealer buy back option, others pursued the Lemon law. Make a list of the members and try contacting them.

hope this helps.... :thumb:

heres some link:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1369.0

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2192.0

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this forum after a Google search for GMC Arcadia Water Leaks. My father's Arcadia has been in for service four times with a chronic leak primarily on the passenger side. It seems this is a problem that GM would prefer not discussed. NY State Lemon Laws may apply at this time. I will update after we receive more information.

·
Registered
275 Posts
rpm1957 said:
...GMC Arcadia... ...Arcadia...
You also have an additional letter on your truck. Might wanna get that looked at.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 07 Acadia has just come back from the shop for an arm length's of problems. The dealer called & said they noticed carpet on my floor board was wet and found the sunroof was leaking. I had in in back in July for the driver window leaking. The dealer said the sunroof was leaking due to the seals being too short and they were replaced. I am concerned because the other problems I was having all centered around sensors, such as a notice that a tire was low on air, and the temperature outside was showing 91 degrees, and it was snowing outside! I realize that the outside temp is not entirely accurate after the vehicle has been sitting for a few hours, but a 60 degree difference means something is wrong.

Is anyone else having these types of problems after their sunroof leaks?

·
Registered
812 Posts
lets just say that water and electronics dont mix....

check out some threads on faulty temp sensors.... :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
toasteroven said:
rpm1957 said:
...GMC Arcadia... ...Arcadia...
You also have an additional letter on your truck. Might wanna get that looked at.
:thumbsup: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap2:

THAT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
l have been fixing water and wind leaks since 1967. We are willing to help anyone with these types of problems on any type of vehicle. Our web address is www.amautosystems.com and will help anyone that needs help. Wdoc

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 Acadia that I have taken back to the dealer 4 times now for the windows leaking they have replaced all 4 window seals and and said they filled the seals with more sealant it still leaks on the seats called GM many times and have had no luck with them, dealership said the doors are off line and tried to move passenger door 1/8 out which in turn moved the headliner out which they have not fixed because the headliner doesnt strech that far. Now my car smells like musty dirty socks from them cleaning the seats. Corporate office will not help he said he would give a free year of oil changes that does not solve the water problems. This is just the beginning. I bought the car in Feb 08 and Have had it in the shop May, June, July, Aug. and Sept. now the radio is bad and they have to order a new one. Plus the recall for the wiper blades, One good news is that it hasn't snowed in Ohio yet .
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
4 trips to the dealer within a year to attempt to fix a problem sounds like a perfect case for filing a lemon law claim.  You might check out the attorney general website of your state to find out what the procedures are to get the ball rolling on this.

For example, Kansas:

If you suspect your new car is a lemon, there are a few things I recommend:

- Immediately notify the dealer and detail your concerns in writing. Follow up with the owner, general manager or new vehicle sales manager.
- Get and keep copies of all correspondence, the repair orders listing the problems, the work done and the dates that the car was in the shop.
-Contact the manufacturer by registered mail to report the problem during the warranty period. Your owner’s manual will list an address for the manufacturer.
- Follow any procedure required by the manufacturer to file a Lemon Law complaint.
- If the manufacturer or authorized dealer is unable to repair the condition after a reasonable number of attempts, then you may be entitled to a replacement vehicle of equal value or a refund of the full purchase price (minus usage costs).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem on my Acadia SLT 2 with Sunroof. I keep calling the dealer and even the onstar support that I have problem on my Acadia when there is a heavy rain. First, I found out that on below on the the steering wheel it is wet and my Park LED indicator keeps lighting and beeping, so what I did is just push again the park break and it stops, but when I drove it again, it will turn back on. I went to dealer, and they said that they didn't find anything and it was dry. Again when it happen, and I bring it to them, the problem is not fix and it making worst, the AirBag indicator is on and I was scared a little bit maybe my airbag will deploy while I'm driving and when I talk to the GMC support, they ask if I can bring it to the Service Tech, and I told them that I used it for my day to day work and then they said they don't know how the dealer will handle it. To cut it short, I like my GMC but the Customer Support and even the Dealer is not good of advising. They always make want money first before serving you even if you already bought from them. THis is one of the reason why GMC is not good in customer service. Anyway, I have my new Acadia SL, just the basic, no sunroof, no automatic side mirror fold, no back up camera, nothing.. unlike my previous one. I have Acadia 2010 the basic of all SL.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I hope this is an OK place to put this.

My friend drives a Mini Cooper. It was a B-day gift and is less than 6 months old. As it has been flooding in Houston, she has garaged it and been driving her Expedition. Over the weekend, she took it out to clean it and her entire back floorboard was about an inch in water. She literally had to scoop out water. They towed it to the dealer who accused her of driving in a too deep puddle and left it for a couple of days to dry out. Come to find out, they built the car with the air conditioning hose going INTO the car instead of out. They were afraid the air bags and ABS brakes were affected.

Mini sent an engineer to check it all out. They said it was OK but still offered a buy back. Nice way to handle it, but still!! I guess her car was built during Octoberfest or something. I've never heard of a mistake like that!!

PS- She said that when the car was in, there were several cars with sunroof problems one with it "raining on the inside". Man, I think this will be my last sunroof.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the leaks and FC Kerbeck in Palmyra, NJ 08065 was able to fix the sunroof leak by dropping the headliner and putting new drain hoses. The 2nd leak I had was causing the air bag sensor to come on. There is a drain tube that comes down the front windshield pillar that needs to be moved. They were able to fix this problem right away. If you check the Saturn Outlook forum there is discussion on this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts