GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leak, the dealer has repaired it a number of times, but it keeps coming back. The only way that you know you have it is by removing the access cover to the jack storage and place your fingures down in the storage area and feel the under side of the carpet. Since the carpet is plastic coated you would not know its leaking because the top of the caprpet will not be wet, but the underside will be.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ugh....not another water leak thread......THIS is scaring me guys!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Lotsofprob said:
I have a leak, the dealer has repaired it a number of times, but it keeps coming back. The only way that you know you have it is by removing the access cover to the jack storage and place your fingures down in the storage area and feel the under side of the carpet. Since the carpet is plastic coated you would not know its leaking because the top of the caprpet will not be wet, but the underside will be.
Do you have the sunroof?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, me too - Water Leak, at first I had an electrical problem, it always happend after it rained, I noticed water on the floor, but thought I brought it in with an umbrella, My Brake Light kept flashing and making a dig sound. Stopped after 2 hrs on a 4 lane to a GM dealer, seemes like the water was getting in my fuze box and shorting out some functions. Took to dealer, to find out the problem, they said it was a clogged drain line and said they fixed it, 2 months later it rained again, more leaks, took it back, did it again and said it was fixed, rained again and this time my entire roof was full of water, and the floorboard, they took the interior apart and said the 2nd stationary sun roof did not have the drain lines hooked up, said they fixed it after a week, we'll it rained again yesterday, water on the floor and in te roof, GM closed for Holidays, will this ever end????

They have not been able to fix it in 5 trys, will be going back again

Danno

·
Registered
384 Posts
I was talking to a tech this week and he said those drain tubes are attached with a little piece of plastic that the lines slip in to at either end and it is real easy for them to work their way loose. You know those light up bracelets and necklaces the kids wear that you can attach with a little plastic piece? He said that is what it reminded him of.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Mine just started leaking. It feels like it is coming in behind my glove compartment. I now wonder if that is what shorted myback up sensors.

Well, the dealer couldn't fix my creaking stearing wheel, maybe I can double stump them with this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts