GMC Acadia Forum banner

Are you experiencing this problem?

1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed this past weekend that we have a decent water leak on the passenger side floor...There was a large puddle there..

We found where the water is making entry into the cabin of the vehicle. We have not found the source of the leak from the outside..

Anyone else?

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have one but on the drivers side. Puddles up right near the emergency brake which I reviously posted.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Only once I've had any water in the car, other than what might get in when the door is opened in a hard rain. My situation was that the driver's seat belt was wet and there was wet carpet at the base of the B pillar. But, it hasn't replicated itself...thank goodness.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Anybody else experience the buckling up of the lower external winshield seal? Mine is, maybe that is the source of the leaks????

·
Registered
380 Posts
Did a bit more looking at the winshield/wiper seal on the bottom of the winshield. It is a one piece softer plastic/rubber material. It is expanded out to the sides by the doors as far as it can go, and buckled up 1/2" or so towards the passenger side.
If it was two piece overlapping would have been less of an issue, room to grow/shrink.
Anybody else in Sun Country seeing this???

·
Registered
58 Posts
jrc50 said:
Did a bit more looking at the winshield/wiper seal on the bottom of the winshield. It is a one piece softer plastic/rubber material. It is expanded out to the sides by the doors as far as it can go, and buckled up 1/2" or so towards the passenger side.
If it was two piece overlapping would have been less of an issue, room to grow/shrink.
Anybody else in Sun Country seeing this???
Wasn't one of the earlier recalls due to the above? Something about the windsheild gasket not being properly aligned.

Certain GM vehicles, including my prior Pontiac Grand Prix, were almost legendary for this based on how the passenger department cowl was aligned against the firewall - if you air conditioner condensation drain gets plugged (not just where is discharges on the bottom, but where the top is open), it can overflow into the passenger compartment (at least on those vehicles....mine gave me issues whenever leaves collected in it).

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have had the cowl screen issue where it buckles and pulls away from the A-pillars. The dealer initially tried to fix with the same double sided tape. It eventually pulled away again. For the second fix they used some sort of glue which has held so far (2 weeks).

However, I have never seen any leaks.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I noticed the buckling the other day. It is a trap for dirt and other debris. Will need to have the dealer take a look at it when I bring it in.

·
Registered
108 Posts
YOU MADE ME LOOK!
No problems, Thank God. We have the all weather mats and I may not have even noticed until it smelled. I think everyone should check under there mats. We had a problem with a leak in our van, it was crazy because we noticed it when it was not raining and it got worse on the highway! it turned out to be the AC drainage hose. It just needed to be extended and moved.
Lee

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a very minor drip problem on very rainy days. Thought I was imagining it. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is leaking badly :( Noticed a minor leak by the driver's side airbag last week. Today, after heavy rains in Chicago, it was dripping quite a bit of water out of the rear map lights and back-up sensor lights. Not happy. It's going in for service Thursday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 Saturn Outlook and today is the third visit to the dealership. They checked everything from the factory installed sunroof to replacing the complete windshield! Last night we found about 1/2 inch of water on passenger floor and a pretty good size water pocket in headliner on same side. I am beside myself! Have contacted Saturn and am waiting for reply!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked my car up yesterday. The dealer said that there are some drain tubes which run from the roof to the bottom of the car. Apparently they were not properly sealed/caulked/whatever, so they fixed that. Haven't had any heavy rain to test it in yet, but I'm optimistic that this will fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:mad:

I have had my Acadia for 2 months. Noticed a few drips of water with the last heavy rain that we received. So, I made an appointment to bring the truck in. 2 days prior to my appt. we got hit with a lot of rain. Well my truck was like a piece of swiss cheese. I had water leaking from the windshield, seatbelts, interior lights, sensors, under the dash on both sides of the vehicle and the back lift gate. Very upset about this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got mine back from shop after experiencing the leakage to the passenger side floor. Turns out, as reported by shop manager, that the tube/drain line from the rear sun-roof was short by about 3" and had never been hooked up. The water was entering the channel above the passenger side doors and running forward to the "A" pillar and down to the floor. They added an extension piece which appears to have solved the problem.

·
Registered
133 Posts
rnking said:
Just got mine back from shop after experiencing the leakage to the passenger side floor. Turns out, as reported by shop manager, that the tube/drain line from the rear sun-roof was short by about 3" and had never been hooked up. The water was entering the channel above the passenger side doors and running forward to the "A" pillar and down to the floor. They added an extension piece which appears to have solved the problem.
Interesting, I wonder if anyone without the sunroof is having these water problems?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good lord...going through the site today and it seems like problems are arising all over the place on the Acadia. I'm getting a bit nervous about my decision to purchase one. I really hope that these problems on the 07s are corrected on the newly arriving 08s. I hope all of you experiencing issues are getting them corrected without any hassle.

·
Registered
389 Posts
crud - no kidding. Freakin' me out!! And my motorhead friends are telling me to steer clear of 1st or 2nd model year because "of all the recalls."

Good thing it hardly ever rains here...but we like to wash our cars! And what happens if we move back to Oregon?!?!

1 - 20 of 317 Posts