GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced water dripping by the emergency brake pedal? I noticed it today after washing my Acadia. It soaked the rug.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I read in the tech review section that there is a bulletin about water leaking into the engine compartment from a gap by the winshield. I am not sure if this is related. But this is definitely dripping from the along the emergency brake cable onto the floor. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have noticed it too on my Outlook. But I have not washed it recently and it has not rained here in months.... I was thinking it was from the AC but could not verify it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I didn't have the A/C running but will call the dealer tomorrow to make an appt. Just my luck we are getting a down pour here over the next few days.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I wonder if there is any connection between your water leak and the rubber trim along the bottom of the windshield. Is the rubber trim on your vehicle not seated properly as others have indicated?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No it isn't but I am wondering if it is the angle of the water as I washed it. Today it poured and there was no leak. Then whiel I was looking to see if it was leaking I locked my keys in the car. Thank God for OnStar :thumb:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Water leaks could start in the back of the car, travel to the front, etc. Who knows...good luck, it's raining like crazy right now in Maine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
:( My windshield leaks on the emergency brake pedel. When it rains hard, it will leak from the support pillar from the air bag cover on the drivers side. So, the source appears to be up high on the windshield. Does not appear to be from the sunroof. I think it is the seal around the top corner of the windshield. It leaks badly at times.

I am surprised this was anything but an isolated case . . .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info. I think I hate leaks the most. I'll have to let the dealer know when I go there.

·
Registered
956 Posts
To the best of my knowledge I don't have any leaks, but we haven't had much rain since I bought the car 6 months ago. I do wash it weekly, but I doubt that is enough to make it leak.
Some of these problems sure don't speak well for GM's quality control. This is the kind of stuff that has plagued GM for years. Other manufactures seem to be much better with their quality control than GM seems to be capable of. I haven't had any problems with mine other than the trans reflash, but the body panel fit is only average at best, and the car has developed some rattles in the dash which is very annoying. I believe this a really nice designed car, but poor quality could sure ruin it's reputation and GM cannot afford this. Hopefully these are just isolated problems that we see on this board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Water Leak by Emergency Brake Pedal ANSWER!!!!!

:blob:
After 3 trips to Saturn,they finally found that water was leaking from a tube that runs inside the headliner (I think its a drain for the railing or sunroof). It was completely disconnected or never connected in the first place. Have been in rain several times now & that seems to have resolved the issue. There should be a recall soon.

·
Registered
384 Posts
See other water leak post. I had a leak in the brake pedal area and also on driver's side pillar where seat belt comes down in my 2007 Acadia. Dealer dropped headliner and lo and behold, 4 areas did not have proper sealant applied. Will let everyone know if this corrects problem after carwash.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts