GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
A lot of corrosion? I would say that you would need to find the source of the water and correct that and then take it from there. Replacing the corroded fuse block would be necessary after the water issue is solved.
I know that the HVAC drain tube could be clogged, which may cause the carpet to get wet. I don't have any experience that it may cause the Fuse Block to get wet.

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
I know that the HVAC drain tube could be clogged, which may cause the carpet to get wet. I don't have any experience that it may cause the Fuse Block to get wet.
Can't forget about the possibility of leaks in the firewall/cowl area and roof rack mounts. It would be good to check the dashboard fuse box first before just replacing it. Maybe just cleaning the contacts would do if the metallic parts are good. As divotdug alluded to, though, there could be other causes of a no crank/no start condition, too. A bad CRNK relay would be another possibility.

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
There is a TSB on water in the fuse box due to sunroof drains clogged. Worth a look if your car has a sunroof
If you read the most recent post about the problem, you'd see the vehicle doesn't have sunroofs.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts