GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my official license plates today in the mail, so I removed the temporary tag and installed them.

As I did this, I noticed that I have a pretty deep scratch on the rear where the dealer had installed the temp tag inside of their dealer license plate frame. This was a metal (instead of plastic) frame. The plate (and frame, if used) sits directly on the paint on the rear hatch.

I now have a scratch in the paint at the bottom where the frame sat. It is perfectly straight, as if someone used a metal scribe and a straight-edge.

I didn't like the design of the metal plate sitting directly on the painted surface, so before I installed the new plates, I covered the back with duct tape. Now, I have the tape rather than metal rubbing against the painted car surface.

Anyway, be careful if you or your dealer uses a metal license plate frame. I don't think a plastic frame would be a problem.

This is only a problem on the rear. The front license plate bracket is all plastic, so no paint scratches to worry over.

·
Registered
123 Posts
xcskier said:
I got my official license plates today in the mail, so I removed the temporary tag and installed them.

As I did this, I noticed that I have a pretty deep scratch on the rear where the dealer had installed the temp tag inside of their dealer license plate frame. This was a metal (instead of plastic) frame. The plate (and frame, if used) sits directly on the paint on the rear hatch.

I now have a scratch in the paint at the bottom where the frame sat. It is perfectly straight, as if someone used a metal scribe and a straight-edge.

I didn't like the design of the metal plate sitting directly on the painted surface, so before I installed the new plates, I covered the back with duct tape. Now, I have the tape rather than metal rubbing against the painted car surface.

Anyway, be careful if you or your dealer uses a metal license plate frame. I don't think a plastic frame would be a problem.

This is only a problem on the rear. The front license plate bracket is all plastic, so no paint scratches to worry over.
TY FOR THE TIP ;D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts