GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

So we have had our ( My Wifes ) Acadia for about a month now, and in these 4 short weeks have had the following work done....

1 Airbag 07043
2 Trans upgrade 07058
3 steering shaft 07037

.... but the BIG problem that i have noticed to date, is the material GM is using on the doors for weatherstripping is wearing the paint away, where the tops of the doors meet the body!!! I have included some pics of mine... but being Liquid Silver it doesnt show up that well, but trust me its bad enough that all it took was one look from my dealer to want to send it to the body shop.

Ps......its happening around all 4 doors

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Mine had the airbag recall done before I took possession of it. I just had the trans and steering shaft/seat/liftgate one done yesterday.

Because of the color, I can't really see what you're referring to. I have the red jewel, I'll have to check it in the daylight tomorrow and see if I notice any paint rubbing off. Thanks for the heads-up!

And, welcome to the forum! :dancing:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the welcome!

i really wish i could get it to show more! I have added one more pic but thats about the best i can do. What youre looking 4 is the "white" line (Its actually dow to the primer in spots on ours) that runs along the out most edge of the door jam just b-4 it starts to roll up towards the roof

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Web Raven said:
Mine had the airbag recall done before I took possession of it. I just had the trans and steering shaft/seat/liftgate one done yesterday.

Because of the color, I can't really see what you're referring to. I have the red jewel, I'll have to check it in the daylight tomorrow and see if I notice any paint rubbing off. Thanks for the heads-up!

And, welcome to the forum! :dancing:
What is the sterring shaft/seat/liftgate recall ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
OK, maybe I'm blind, but I don't see it. Can you photoshop a circle on the photo?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Are you sure this is real wear versus just marking from road chemicals or other environmental gunk?

·
Registered
4 Posts
schumi7x said:
.... but the BIG problem that i have noticed to date, is the material GM is using on the doors for weatherstripping is wearing the paint away, where the tops of the doors meet the body!!! I have included some pics of mine... but being Liquid Silver it doesnt show up that well, but trust me its bad enough that all it took was one look from my dealer to want to send it to the body shop.

Ps......its happening around all 4 doors
Hey thanks so much for sharing this. I turly beleive you should email the following GM execs with your pictures and story. Now that anyone is going to get in trouble, but that the right people need to know in order to fix the issue from recuring on the line. Who knows if and when your dealer will ever report your issue back to GM. If they feel it needs to go back to the body shop its a HUGE problem. I would be truly dissapointed if my brand new car had this kind on issue......So please take the time to email these guys. So far in all my email communications with the top brass at GM about the new Enclave, they have been more than happy to corespond with me. They have actually gone abouve and beyound sometimes. Its a new way of doing things at GM. They are really trying to make a turnaround. So quick update from real customers should be appriciated.

Pete Nico, vehicle line director for the Acadia and its corporate cousins [email protected]
Anna Kretz GM Lambda Platform Vehicle Line Executive [email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Horta -

Any idea if GM's top brass reads this forum? I wonder if they find this forum very useful in gaining an insight into customers experiences, wants and dislikes.

Thanks,

·
Registered
159 Posts
It doesn't look like anyone answered NY-Joe's question about the shaft/seal/liftgate problem. I was just thinking the same thing, and was going to ask myself. I haven't heard of this one yet and would love to know what to be watching for when our car comes in! Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
schumi7x said:
Hello everyone!

So we have had our ( My Wifes ) Acadia for about a month now, and in these 4 short weeks have had the following work done....

1 Airbag 07043
2 Trans upgrade 07058
3 steering shaft 07037
Are these all recalls?? I knew about the airbag but not the others.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just found this on another thread just now! Quoted from Web Raven! Thanks.

"I just had mine in for recall repairs yesterday and only those two showed up. The "liftgate" one is for the power seats, liftgate and the intermediate shaft (grabbed that from another post). My dealer already did the airbag update before I bought the vehicle. They've been doing the updates on any Acadias they take possession of before putting them out on the lot for sale. I bought mine before the transmission one and liftgate one were released."

Yello1: go out to the home page to see the list of most recent posts on the left side of the page. I see there is a thread there about the recalls etc. Lots of folks sharing their lists there, may help answer your question! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
gmc said:
Any idea if GM's top brass reads this forum? I wonder if they find this forum very useful in gaining an insight into customers experiences, wants and dislikes.
I have never right out asked, but I did tell Steve Shannon Buick's general manager, that I am an avid online poster in different car forums. I specifically asked if I could quote him. He had no problem with that. They did trust me with some non-released stuff on the Enclave (Really no big deal or details, I just feel honored) and did ask I do not post it. But in all that conversation about posting no one so far in the GM team has come back saying they check or read any of the forums. Do they I don't know, but I would love to have that job, read all the car forums and report back to the bosses...I think they should and probably do.

Jerry

·
Registered
185 Posts
etgus said:
It doesn't look like anyone answered NY-Joe's question about the shaft/seal/liftgate problem. I was just thinking the same thing, and was going to ask myself. I haven't heard of this one yet and would love to know what to be watching for when our car comes in! Thanks!!
that is the 07073 recall. it's really a service bulletin as far as I can see.

this thread: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=517.0 is the latest discussion on it in the tech section and should help answer some questions.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Horta said:
gmc said:
I have never right out asked, but I did tell Steve Shannon Buick's general manager, that I am an avid online poster in different car forums. I specifically asked if I could quote him. He had no problem with that. They did trust me with some non-released stuff on the Enclave (Really no big deal or details, I just feel honored) and did ask I do not post it. But in all that conversation about posting no one so far in the GM team has come back saying they check or read any of the forums. Do they I don't know, but I would love to have that job, read all the car forums and report back to the bosses...I think they should and probably do.

Jerry
What's going on Horta...have talked to you on the gminsider forum web site. Any update on that Buick that you plan on purchasing? I know you put a $1000 deposit down...didn't know if there was any update.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
etgus said:
I actually PM'd the information to him since it was already posted in another thread... My response was:

It's number 07073. I hadn't heard about it until I brought the Acadia in on Monday. It has to do with the power seats (I have 6way), power liftgate (which I don't have) and someone else said "lubricating the intermediate shaft" in the steering column.

On my invoice, it simply states "07073 SEAT UPDATE".

I wasn't experiencing any problems, but since it was listed for my VIN, they performed the recall.
Hope that helps some. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Acadia4VA-WV said:
Are you sure this is real wear versus just marking from road chemicals or other environmental gunk?
No its actual paint wear. If you look at the weatherstrip materal on the actual doors, you will find that its made of a hard almost abrasive material. I find anyway. The Acadia is now set to go into the body shop on Wednseday the 28th and after repaint they are going to apply a clear 3M film to try and stop this wear. :mad:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my Outlook and do not see a similar problem. Does the weather stripping on your doo have any play in it?
Mine has two layers and they "lay down" when pressure is placed on them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Horta said:
gmc said:

Jerry
So is there anything that you can tell us about the enclave??

you can post this in the Buick Enclave topic area so we dont get off topic here!!
please..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts