GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know lots of yall have posted this problem but I can't find an exact issue like mine. Just bought my acadia and the front washers won't spray. Back one works fine. I checked the fuse under glove box and it's good. I can hear a click which I assume is the relay. Just replaced the pump wit a brand new one and still no spray. I'm out of ideas. Any help is appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
If the fuses are good and the pump is new, could be a bad relay, or bad switch. :shrug:

What year is the car? You can find the fuse and relay locations in an online manual of you don't have one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2010. When I push the button to activate washer I hear a click from the fuse box under the glove box and the wipers go. Just no fluid. Where is the relay for?

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Brian_37122 said:
Thank you. I found the fuse box there but can't find any relays. I can't find anything with their location either. Are they not easy to get to?
The relay block is behind the glove box - in roughly same location as the fuse box.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Clogged nozzle or kinked line? 07s have the line going to the hood that could easily get pinched if it falls out of the holding device. Maybe even near the air cleaner IIRC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MedicRxDoc said:
Clogged nozzle or kinked line? 07s have the line going to the hood that could easily get pinched if it falls out of the holding device. Maybe even near the air cleaner IIRC.
If it was kinked or clogged, the pump would still activate right? I don't think the pump is getting power at all and I still can't figure out how to get to the relay. I got the fuse.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Brian_37122 said:
If it was kinked or clogged, the pump would still activate right? I don't think the pump is getting power at all and I still can't figure out how to get to the relay. I got the fuse.
Your correct. I thought the clicking was the pump itself.....never mind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speleos said:
The relay block is behind the glove box - in roughly same location as the fuse box.
Found the relay but it's good. I switched it with one of the same size from the power lift gate and still nothing from the pump. So I've replaced the fuse, relay, pump and checked the line for kinks. All checks out. Wiring issue???

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
bad switch :shrug: Make sure the connector at the pump is clean, tight, and making good contact. Good luck chasing a wiring problem. :sosad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speleos said:
bad switch :shrug: Make sure the connector at the pump is clean, tight, and making good contact. Good luck chasing a wiring problem. :sosad:
Thanks for all your help. If the switch was bad would it still cause the relay to click though? Should be a blast tracing the wiring.

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Brian_37122 said:
... If the switch was bad would it still cause the relay to click though? ...
It's possible that the switch is not maintaining a completed circuit while it's being pressed. You are holding the switch in the ON position while you're trying to use the washer, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Speleos said:
It's possible that the switch is not maintaining a completed circuit while it's being pressed. You are holding the switch in the ON position while you're trying to use the washer, right?
That's very possible. I am holding the button in while attempting to spray. But I talked to the dealer I bought it from and they are taking it in tomorrow to fix it, on their dollar. Will give an answer as what it is when I find out. Thanks again Speleos!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Posted the same problem over on the Enclave forums, but haven't received an answer yet. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?? Also, does anyone know exactly where the relay's are? I've checked the impossible-to-get-to fuses under the passenger kick panel, but not sure where the relay's are?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What was the problem then? We have the exact same issue. Fuse and relay are fine. We hear a click in the relay box area like we should but nothing sprays...

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
What was the problem then? We have the exact same issue. Fuse and relay are fine. We hear a click in the relay box area like we should but nothing sprays...
Do you hear the pump motor turning? :shrug:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Take your driver side fender cladding off and have a look at the bottle in there. See if your pump wires have become disconnected. You could also test to see if your getting voltage there with a test light. You could have a bad motor or clogged line. Conversely, you could remove the motor from the tank and put it on the bench and put 12 volts to it to see if it even spins.

I had this problem but, my problem was the sprayers on the hood. The pump would pump up but the sprayers would just dribble the water out. I had to replace both my sprayers and when I went to do so, the old ones literally exploded in my hands. They were so Brittle!!!

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was there ever a solution to this? I changed the motor (twice). Switched the lines and when I press the back button they spray fine. Changed relays. Fuses. I can't imagine the switch is bad because when i press it it makes a clicking sound near where the relays are. I'm at a loss and pulling my hair out. Help? Please!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
10 Participants
tkoszuta
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing