GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn't see this anywhere. Does anyone know if there is a way to drain the washer fluid resevoir without actually spraying it through the washer nozzles? I am looking for a drain at the bottom, the other option I guess would be a siphon.
Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I invesitgated further, and it appears the washer resevoir is hidden behind the bumper and wheel well. I found a 7 foot piece of plastic tubing, shoved it in the tank, and gave it a suck. (no comments needed, ;) ) Took about 5 seconds to get the fluid moving, and drained it into a bucket. Had to have a long hose, because the bottom of the resvoir is so low, that the other end of the tube needs to be lower then the bottom air dam on the front of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Why did you want to do that??

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GAR said:
Why did you want to do that??
I was wondering when someone was going to pop that ?

I use Rain-X washer fluid normally, and in the winter time I use Rain-X De-Icer. Well the last time I got the Oil changed they topped if off with BrandX light blue water stuff. I have been trying to use it up, but haven't been able to empty it, so that I can refill with RainX. So I drained most of it out, and ran the wipers rear and front until there was no more, then refilled with De-Icer..

FYI RainX De-Icer onsale at PepBoys 2 for $3.00 in my area, maybe yours too. Check the ad for your zip code.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just add the Prestone additive for winter, it gives you the same freeze/defrost features but you don't have to drain anything. During the warmer months I add in Prestone Bug and Tar additive. Since both are Prestone, they are compatible, I have get them in Walmart or but have seen them at any other auto parts place.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't HAVE to drain anything. It was my personal choice to get the weak watered down stuff the Oil change shop used. That way my RainX is full strength. You can mix anything together, But RainX works really well with beading the rain off. The Deicer is helpful in winter, I even have a small spray bottle of RainX Deicer I keep in the car to spray on the side windows, helps clear them off.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
bonk1313 said:
The Deicer is helpful in winter...
That what the heated washer fluid system is for, silly.

J/K ;D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GeoHawk said:
bonk1313 said:
The Deicer is helpful in winter...
That what the heated washer fluid system is for, silly.

J/K ;D
I am afraid of :angryfire:

HAHA

·
Registered
423 Posts
i just buy a bottle of rain x and add a little to the tank and vwualaaaa?, i now have beading water on my shield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.