GMC Acadia Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Well, Good Luck! Hopefully all goes well and the purchase its an easy one. I have a sneaking suspicion that the salesman on this one is going to earn every penny of that commission. You will love the Acadia like the rest of us do. Again, good luck and god speed.
Thanks... It could be sold before I get here on time, in worst case scenario. :cautious: Happened to me at least 4 times already. I'm no longer optimistic as I used to be, especially in California where people always rush in and buy up everything fast, due to undocumented immigrants with children turning 18 that are buying vehicles too.

I originally attempted to purchase a new 2019 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4WD 2.5L 4-cylinder back in November 2019, while GMC Acadia SLE2 2.5L 4-cylinder AWD was my second choice. I flew to LA to Las Vegas during layover, but declined going into my final destination at Pittsburgh, PA, after dealer removed the vehicle from website indicating sold. The Acadia Denali was actually ranked #7 at that time, because I wasn't a fan of the 3.6L V6 engine reliability.

The Colorado Z71 was never sold. It sat on dealer lot too long (because it wasn't in California state), so it was transferred to a dealer in Virginia state instead. Very frustrating... :mad: The Virginia dealer finally sold it on February 2020.

Now all of the vehicles were sold, this 2019.9 Acadia Denali is now suddenly #1. My #2 backup choice (in case 2019 Acadia Denali is sold) would be a new 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe Premier RST, but I don't want to pay $21,000 extra.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
255 Posts
Sounds like you have had your hands full with all of this. My wife and I had a few Acadias Sold out from under us while looking for our 2018 but thank god at the time the market was flush with them in the color we wanted. Sometimes things go as planned and sometimes they are just FUBAR. Best of luck and please let us know how it all works out. I feel like after the forum we all have a vested interest in buying this. To bad we aren’t helping with paying!! ;)

·
Registered
946 Posts
If you come back to Pittsburgh, tell me which dealer, and I'll go pretend I want it then back out so you can have it! :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Sounds like you have had your hands full with all of this. My wife and I had a few Acadias Sold out from under us while looking for our 2018 but thank god at the time the market was flush with them in the color we wanted. Sometimes things go as planned and sometimes they are just FUBAR. Best of luck and please let us know how it all works out. I feel like after the forum we all have a vested interest in buying this. To bad we aren’t helping with paying!! ;)
Pretty much in summary, if you drive less than 60 mph daily most of the time, 6 speed works better. 65 mph, pick either one. Over 70 mph, go with 9 speed.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You should negotiate the price and have it in writing before you fly out-of-state to buy. I would never go all that way without a deal in hand unless I had relatives there that I was also visiting.

I’ve negotiated and bought leftovers before and what I’ve found is - if it’s only a year out on the calendar (2019 vehicle with 2020 calendar year), you don’t typically get a super-great deal ... probably 20% off MSRP (even if the build date is 2018 !!). But once the calendar rolls over to 2021, the cat’s out of the bag and that vehicle looks ancient to any buyer, and you can start offering 30% off MSRP!

And also - if it’s a “loaded” vehicle with lots of options, all the more likely the dealer will hold onto it longer ... or if it’s a smaller volume dealer ... they hold onto leftovers forever.

But I’d still open the bidding at 29% off and work down from there. Maybe you get lucky and close a deal at around 25%. Good Luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
You should negotiate the price and have it in writing before you fly out-of-state to buy. I would never go all that way without a deal in hand unless I had relatives there that I was also visiting.

I’ve negotiated and bought leftovers before and what I’ve found is - if it’s only a year out on the calendar (2019 vehicle with 2020 calendar year), you don’t typically get a super-great deal ... probably 20% off MSRP (even if the build date is 2018 !!). But once the calendar rolls over to 2021, the cat’s out of the bag and that vehicle looks ancient to any buyer, and you can start offering 30% off MSRP!

And also - if it’s a “loaded” vehicle with lots of options, all the more likely the dealer will hold onto it longer ... or if it’s a smaller volume dealer ... they hold onto leftovers forever.

But I’d still open the bidding at 29% off and work down from there. Maybe you get lucky and close a deal at around 25%. Good Luck!
The deal is already 24% off MSRP, and the website shows $10,500 off MSRP. I'll try go for $11,000 off MSRP, but the dealer doesn't seem to budge. There's only one 2019.9 left in stock in this whole country, which I'll be buying. If this one is sold before I get here on time on Monday afternoon, then I'm no longer interested in Acadia. The others have ancient manufactured dates as old as June 2018. Mines is May/June 2019. Manufactured date matters to my deal.

·
Super Moderator
19,835 Posts
Nothing worse than buying a 'skunky' car! lol

Reactions: Jmbjr0930
81 - 87 of 87 Posts