GMC Acadia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #61
Unless you know some magic trick, the computer decides when to go into V4 mode, not the driver. I'm driven many times up and down I-81 at 70-80 mph for 300 miles. V4 mode very seldom activates. Even in V6 mode I still average 32-33 mpg. I'm not convinced that 45 mpg is attainable.
In my 2018 Silverado V6 RWD, in case V4 fails to activate on flat road automatically, I just increase one speed on cruise control, and then decrease one speed back. Therefore, the V4 immediately activates. That's the trick.

Super Moderator
... I'm driven many times up and down I-81 at 70-80 mph for 300 miles. ...
I'd be thrilled to be able to maintain that speed on I-81 at any time these days. 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

Reactions: Jmbjr0930

Registered
I'd be thrilled to be able to maintain that speed on I-81 at any time these days. 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ
I'm been on it when it was absolutely miserable but It's gotten way better during the Covid thing. Was on it back in May. Between Winchester and Roanoke, I was able to go miles at a time without seeing another car or a gaggle of semi trucks. it was a true pleasure.

Super Moderator
I'm been on it when it was absolutely miserable but It's gotten way better during the Covid thing. Was on it back in May. Between Winchester and Roanoke, I was able to go miles at a time without seeing another car or a gaggle of semi trucks. it was a true pleasure.
I've just been on it for about a half dozen trips recently - between Hagerstown and Martinsburg. Sure will be happy when the bridge work is complete. ;)

Registered
What's the exact RPM number you're getting at 55 MPH exact?
I would have to take a ride and check. Not possible right now, but from what I recall 1,500 RPM I think.

Super Moderator
I would have to take a ride and check. Not possible right now, but from what I recall 1,500 RPM I think.
That seems about right. My Acadia's tach reads just over 1800 rpm at 70 mph.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #72
Found this excellent test-drive 2020 Acadia video with 9 speed. At 8:43 time exact, when it went through a bump, 50 mph will be at 1,500 RPM exact (tested at 48 mph with cruise at 1,450 RPM). Looks like the 9-speed is a no-go for me, and 6-speed is for me. Someone reported above that 55 mph is 1,500 RPM exact, so the 6-speed is a more fuel-efficient approach here.

Super Moderator
Better find a new 2019 before they're gone if you want the 6-speed, unless you're OK with something pre-owned.

Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
Better find a new 2019 before they're gone if you want the 6-speed, unless you're OK with something pre-owned.
I鈥檓 in Southern Maryland and we still have a fair amount of them between my area and Northern Virginia. NIce thing is you can get a helluva deal on one because of that fact. Hows the rest of the country on them? Still a plenty or moved completely onto the 2020 stock. This COVID thing has left us with the ability to really write a deal when buying any sort of car, new or used, if you know what you are doing and do your research. Wife and I are currently looking at a 2018 Mercedes E400 Coupe and I am looking at paying around 38k with 28k miles on it which is about 8k less than what the market should bear for that car and year. Pays to spend some time looking and researching.

Registered
Discussion Starter #75
The test-driver shown on video was at 7th gear, 48 mph, and at 1,450 RPM, due to higher axle ratio of 3.49 instead at 3.16. 8th gear is probably engaged above 55 mph for whatever RPM it is, while 9th gear only works for downhill slope.

Registered
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
At 75 mph in 8th or 9th gear, it runs at 2,000 RPM exact with Chevrolet Blazer (same as GMC Acadia, both with 3.49 axle), which is better than with 6 speed. But Los Angeles, CA roads very-rarely can be driven at 75 mph comfortably. :(

Registered
OK, getting bored of this... but there are far more important factors in gas mileage than simply what a vehicle gets at a set, specific MPH.
Re-read some of the posted replies. I feel like you're glossing over replies.

Registered
Discussion Starter #78
OK, getting bored of this... but there are far more important factors in gas mileage than simply what a vehicle gets at a set, specific MPH.
Re-read some of the posted replies. I feel like you're glossing over replies.
Already confirmed what I want, the old school shifter... :) Airplane booked already (out of state purchase).

Registered
Discussion Starter #79
NIce thing is you can get a helluva deal on one because of that fact. Hows the rest of the country on them? Still a plenty or moved completely onto the 2020 stock.
Yeah, only wish I reported this earlier in late-2019. I actually have this 2019.9 specific VIN# since September 2019 in my shopping list, but did not take it serious until now. When I updated my system 8 months later, all of my new vehicles in interest list were already sold except for this 2019.9 Acadia. I got lucky...

Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
Well, Good Luck! Hopefully all goes well and the purchase its an easy one. I have a sneaking suspicion that the salesman on this one is going to earn every penny of that commission. You will love the Acadia like the rest of us do. Again, good luck and god speed.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts