GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I drive ALOT!! My 2007 Acadia has 35,600 miles on it. I have an appointment to take it in for the seat moving with a hard stop, speakers that come and go, steering wheel that pops and makes a rubbing noise, and the shaking the car has started to do. Three of these problems have been addressed but not replicated. I have a feeling that the other two will have the same problem. My question, will the dealer fix these problems if they finally get bad enough for them to find it? I asked my service dud about it and he said, "Once your warranty is out we don't even remember your name." Thanks, that helps answer my question. I then asked about the speaker. I told him that I KNOW it is a loose wire since it goes out when I hit a bump and pops back on when I hit another. If in two months the wire finally comes off will they fix it for free? "Uh, we try to make you happy." What does that mean?

I have never had a GM. Is this a dealer call or is there a policy by GM? Has anyone gone out of warranty and had an issue? Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
When I worked at a GM dealer in the 80's, there was a zone system where customer complaints were routed beyond the dealer. I'm hoping a current employee can jump in here and provide better info. You may also check your owner's manual- if I recall correctly there was info in there related to this.

With an attitude like that, I would not care to take the vehicle in for any work, warranty or otherwise. Do you have any alternatives, i.e. drive 30-40 miles to another dealer? If not, everyone has a boss. Start with the service manager and go to the actual dealer if need be. I had to go to the next level (service manager) on a F**d company car at a dealer once, and this resolved the problem.

Technically, I do not believe they have to honor the warranty beyond the stated terms, although if it is something that has been recently "fixed", there may be some different terms on that specific repair.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
My 2007 has over 38,000 miles on it, so I know where you're at. :) I'm wondering, if you brought it in under warranty to have them repair a problem, and they didn't get it right the first time, wouldn't it continue to be covered under warranty until the issue is resolved? That seems logical to me. But perhaps that's not the way it works.

The only thing I've had mine in for since the warranty expired was for them to mess up my transmission some more which is covered under the powertrain warranty. So I guess I'm not of much help in that dept.

I do agree with Mr. Blue though, with your dealership's attitude, I'd take my business elsewhere regardless of whether or not it was warranty work. Sheesh, great customer service.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had my 2008 worked on under warranty when it had 35,000 miles on it for a stearing noise. I asked the service writer what happens if the noise comes back when it is out of warranty and he said any work they do is covered for 12 months or 12,000 miles even if it is out of warranty.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, here are the fixes:
1. Speaker issue- they are ordering a new speaker. I just had problems with the front speaker coming and going. Now after taking it in, it has a static sound added on.

2. Sputtering- I thought they wouldn't believe me, they said it was my choice of gas when I took it in. Had to have a recalibration due to the lack of gas being sent to the engine.

3. Did the recall on the heated washers

4. Seat rocking when short stop- couldn't replicate (My husband couldn't believe it when I told him we needed to find a heavy friend to sit in the chair since that's what the dealer would do.)

5. The main problem - steering noises- could not replicate!! It has been in five times for this. Thank goodness my kids, husband and service guy have heard it or I would think I was crazy!

Now for the new windshield and if I turn up the new speaker, I won't hear the steering noise and it will be like having a new car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts