GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
I have been informed by GM Canada that I will be unable to access warranty services until I have installed a $400 plate on my speedometer that makes the "kilometers" twice the size of "miles per hour". My Acadia is also equipped with "Heads Up Display". The vehicle was purchased in North Carolina and imported into Canada and has been certified by the Canadian Government as complying with all Canadian Requirements!
Please let me know if you have any information on this matter and what you think of the legality.... robindcs Quebec CANADA [email protected]

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
That sounds crazy. Have you contacted GM consumer affairs??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes! GM Customer service based in Oshawa Ontario Canada have confirmed this requirement. This is done as a way of discouraging Canadians from importing US vehicles into Canada. The Canadian Government has certified that the vehicle is in full compliance with Canadian Regulations and has issued a "door sticker" to that effect.
GM continues to approach our Government for a rescue "Bail out" financed by MY taxes!!! :angryfire:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I do not have a part number for the cluster, the dealer told me I would have to take the car in so the could remove and scan the cluster for the part number. I am not anxious to have them taking my vehicle apart for the scanning procedure..... YES, this is a GM Part.

·
Registered
63 Posts
They shouldn't need to remove the cluster for the number. They can get it off the Tech2. The problem is, that they have to order a new one with KPH instead of MPH, and that will probably confuse everyone involved. :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts