GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving our Acadia on the highway for an extended trip I've noticed that the front air dam warps in the center, in other words it has a big dip in it. It seems like it does return back to the original position after a couple of days. The dealer has replaced it once, but we just returned from a weekend trip and noticed that the center of the new one is also bent in the center. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm refering to the lower 3" piece of plastic on the bottom of the front bumper.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mine is too. Took it to the dealer and they "fixed" it by adding a matching defect to the other side.

Idiots!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Feeling dumb here! What's the Air dam? Is it the black thing under the windshield wipers? If so, I have noticed when I wash the car the water wells up and doesn't drain off the way that it should. I'm afraid that rain will turn to ice in the winter.
Lee

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's below the front bumper. Some people also call it a front spoiler.

·
Registered
730 Posts
jseck2 said:
Mine is too. Took it to the dealer and they "fixed" it by adding a matching defect to the other side.

Idiots!
;D ;D ;D
they made it more balanced, i suppose.

anyway, i checked mine..it's perfect :thumb:

·
Registered
362 Posts
kram said:
anyway, i checked mine..it's perfect :thumb:
:ditto:

Any pics of a warped one?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Mine warped real bad right in the middle. I had them replace it and now it has two dents. One on each side. The plastic needs to be thicker.

·
Registered
148 Posts
mine did this at first but after some time it went straight again. No big deal really, even when it was a little bit warped it was hardly noticable.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm not understanding the concern about the warpage in the airdam. This is not a decorative piece and is put there purely to direct the airflow. It has to be thin so if it hits an object it can flex instead of breaking, but probably due to it's flexibility it can warp due to engine or pavement heat. If the airdam starts breaking that will be a different story. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Well if it is designed to match the contour of the bumper it should stay that way. I have had other cars that have had air dam's and they maintained their shape. I don't think it is too unreasonable to want that from the Acadia. Especially after only a couple months and a few thousand miles of driving. It's just not acceptable in my opinion, and wasn't in the mind of the service writer when I first brought it to their attention. I'll even go as far as to say that GMC will get tired of the problem and design a better one for later models.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts