GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our 2007 acadia has recently been experiencing engine warning light and sometimes traction control light issues. They are becoming more persistent. We have taken it in for service, but the lights always seem to go off about the time we take it in. They tell us it is engine warning #4, but they cannot locate the problem. Anyone had similar problems?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you tried requesting an Onstar vehicle diagnostic when it occurs. Not sure how helpful it will be, but can't hurt.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Is the light you are mentioning entitled "Check Engine" or "Service Engine Soon" or something to that effect? I will try & look in my 2007 PDF owner manual & see what it is called.

If so, the GM Vehicle Control Module or VCM stores error codes for a length of time. I'm not familiar with a #4 code. They should be 3 digit numerical codes. Once something like this happens, it can be retrieved by a technician with a scanner, which will point them in the general direction of the source. I don't know about the traction control light. It may or may not be controlled by the VCM.

I found a semi-related link here relating to an older model GM car. You can read through this & see if this might assist in what is happening to your vehicle.

·
Registered
264 Posts
early in production they had traction light problems but they got it fixed or maybe not. i have not heard of your warning light problem! :-\

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
If I remember, this may be the
camshaft issue ???, anyone remember for sure?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
These were the symptoms of the camshaft issue but that specific issue gave a specific code that pointed them directly to the problem. I agree that the best thing to do is to push the On-star button and get diagnostics run while the warning is on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts