GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a show of hands as to the members here who bought for the wife and ended up loving this car so much that it either became your daily driver or it is at least referred to as “your“ car in discussions. My wife hates that I love our 2018 as much as I do. I wash and clean it weekly. I generally ask for an after action report when she returns from driving it and usually scold her when something isn’t right the next time I drive it. I don’t know why but since the day we drove it home, 3 + hours, I have fallen in love with this car. The power is insane, the comfort is amazing and it has everything I never knew I needed and now can’t live without. I understand that everyone says its todays mini-van and to an extent I agree but more than anything I don’t care, I love it anyway! I can’t be the only one!! Any others?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You need to go test drive some vehicles that do have insane power.... :)
but I do agree it is a comfortable vehicle.
Trust me.... I am a research nut to the point that my wife’s is like really, really you aren’t done yet! I used to have buyers remorse with every purchase, not anymore. We needed a 3rd row and this was the car for us price, amenities, comfort and positive reviews. So we drove a few hours, traded in her Equinox and drove in this car and couldn’t be happier. Now before that I test drove everything under the sun. Alot of cars out there have ridiculous power and out of this world price tags. We are happy as we could possibly be with this purchase!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Trust me.... I am a research nut to the point that my wife’s is like really, really you aren’t done yet! I used to have buyers remorse with every purchase, not anymore.
I hear ya. Mechanical engineer buying a car. Spreadsheets... so many spreadsheets...

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya. Mechanical engineer buying a car. Spreadsheets... so many spreadsheets...
Spreadsheets, open tabs on the iPad, scratch pieces of paper, so many many many conversation about 20 different cars with my wife while laying in bed and still ended up buying the first one I had decided on! Murphy’s Law.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My first choice was the 2019 explorer sport but couldn't find one and my next choice was the Durango SRT but that was too expensive so on a whim we went to GMC to look at the trucks and settled on the Acadia. Of course the telluride had just come out and there were no discounts on that so it was out of the question.

·
Registered
712 Posts
We bought this for me, to replace my previous DD Z06 no less... I like it way more than I thought possible.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I like the Z06, 01-04 only, but if I lost 100lb, I would like the 09 even moreso. I would have to lose 200lb to even fit in the C7 and basically go back to my birth weight (8lbs) to fit in the C8. lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the Z06, 01-04 only, but if I lost 100lb, I would like the 09 even moreso. I would have to lose 200lb to even fit in the C7 and basically go back to my birth weight (8lbs) to fit in the C8. lol
I can not wait for the new Vette to come out. I think I would be a tight fit at 6’ and 250lbs. 8 months ago I was 190, thanks steroids, and would’ve fit fine I’m sure. It looks like it will be a blast to drive. Anyone have any clues on pricing?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Uhhh, the 20 Vette, the mid engine one? Is out, costs 60k, and the 21 will be hitting dealer lots next month. The 2020 started the c8 version. Im 6'3 and not 250, but wish I could stay steroids.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uhhh, the 20 Vette, the mid engine one? Is out, costs 60k, and the 21 will be hitting dealer lots next month. The 2020 started the c8 version. Im 6'3 and not 250, but wish I could stay steroids.
Yeah sorry....sitting in the passenger seat of the Acadia on way to southern Va for a funeral and just woke up, brains still catching up. Meant to say can’t wait for the C8 to hit dealership near me. Mid 60’s is doable and the med change up the doc gave me should allow me to shed some of this weight a little easier. Would be a sweet ride to rip around the back roads where I live.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Southern va huh? When you pass exit 160 on 95, that's just 5 minutes from me. Got some real nice roads to rip around here. Since your just sitting there, check out streetspeed717 on YouTube for his twin turbo c8.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited by Moderator)
Southern va huh? When you pass exit 160 on 95, that's just 5 minutes from me. Got some real nice roads to rip around here. Since your just sitting there, check out streetspeed717 on YouTube for his twin turbo c8.
Lost service for a few but back now. On Rt.9 here is my view.......
110870F7-D6D4-4295-AB0E-7EA3C2F71658.jpeg

·
Registered
712 Posts
Mine was an '04, black, lightly modded. Crazy fun, but I had enough after 5 years...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah sorry....sitting in the passenger seat of the Acadia on way to southern Va for a funeral and just woke up, brains still catching up. Meant to say can’t wait for the C8 to hit dealership near me. Mid 60’s is doable and the med change up the doc gave me should allow me to shed some of this weight a little easier. Would be a sweet ride to rip around the back roads where I live.
I’m 6’ 5” 200lbs and I fit mostly comfortably in the C8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All I can say is damn he has some seriously fast cars!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
All I can say is damn he has some seriously fast cars!!
That he does and he is buying 2 more soon! One will probably be a lambo and the other a classic vette, like a C2 split window.

As for the cars, his blazer is getting a diesel swap, the High Country is a give-away, the blue C8 is a give-away, his ZR1 and white truck are keepers, the Urus is the girlfriends, and he has fun with each and every single one of them! I am guessing you subscribed...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts