GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be purchasing a new Acadia in April/May... and really thinking about special ordering.

Just wondered if there were any options that you wish you'd gotten but didn't?

Or if there were any options that you did get... but don't really use/want and wouldn't purchase them in the future?

Thinking SLT2 w/ DVD, HUD, HID, & Towing pkg... Or just an SLT1 w/ a few less options... this is almost overwhelming!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love all the options I have. I didn't think I would like or even use the HUD, but it's one of my favoite features in the Acadia. The only option I wish I had, is the tow package. I wanted it, and it wasn't availale on the one that I got. I didn't want to order one if I could find what I wanted. I settled beings that I may not ever even tow anything. I just liked the fact that it had it in case I ever needed to or wanted to. Good luck in whatever you get.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We went with the AWD SLT-2 with Heads up Display and DVD. I didn't want a sunroof which seems to be a popular option but in my last SUV, I had one and didn't use it much.

I'm really happy with the features of the SLT-2 especially the power folding side mirrors -- makes it easy to pull into the garage.

Love the Heads Up Display -- would be hard to get a car without it after having it. Definitely worth it!

Good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine is an SLT-2 with everything except sunroof, DVD & HID. Love all the features, even ones I thought I didn't care about (folding mirrors, power liftgate, heated windshield washer fluid). The nav system and the HUD, though, are my favorites. The nav & radio are integrated with the HUD, so you see on the windshield things like upcoming turns, the song name when it changes, the radio station when it changes, etc. And just having the speed right in front of you is great. As others have said, it'll be tough to drive a vehicle without the HUD now.

BTW -- if you have a garage where putting the Acadia will be a tight fit, definitely go for the power folding mirrors. Makes getting in & out of the garage a lot easier.

Good luck with your decision -- let us know what it is!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Because we ordered, we got exactly what we wanted. Our top "must-have" was power seats w/memory because my wife is the main driver but I drive it a lot on weekends. That meant we had to get an SLT2, which was fine with me because it came with a lot of other neat goodies. The other must-have option for us was HUD - in this vehicle the steering wheel really blocks the speedometer for both of us, but with HUD we never even look at it. The trailering package was kind of an insurance policy for us - don't do much towing now but may in the future and we tend to keep our vehicles a long time.

If it was my primary vehicle I would have opted for the sunroof, but knew my wife would never use it. We are both anti-TV in the car so no way we were getting the DVD. Navigation would have been nice for the backup camera but I couldn't bring myself to spend $2k on a backup camera - we've lived in this city our entire lives so we pretty much know our way around.

·
Registered
428 Posts
definantly the towing package, adding it later is turning out to be a nightmare.

·
Registered
381 Posts
HUD - I thought it was a gimmick. Now my #1 option. I don't like speedo location and the rpm guage is WAY TOO LARGE...

Rear Camera - another gimmick that comes with NAV. Like it better and limits on the audible rear assist forces it's necessity.

Rear Assist - Still would prefer accellerated beeping upon distance reduction. Getting used to lights (that you can't see in rear mirror), using rear camera (which provides the yellow/red warning symbol)...faster beeps was simpler...

Electronic side mirrors - wasn't a thought - glad I have it. Wish I could DIC set it (like door openning at ignition removal).

Remote Start - becoming the gimmick I seem obligated to use...extend range - with confirmation signal on remote (aka RF remote - where are you?!)

Nav system - HATED IT - still like my garmin better - hoping for traffic update.

Didn't get the bluetooth and miss it...oh yeah...NOT AVAILABLE...here's hoping for the future option...

The LOCKOUT feature on the NAV - HATED IT - liken the lockpick better everyday...and I almost didn't install it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Things i did not opt for:

Nav system -- not intuitive and user friendly, not at par with foreign brand in terms of features, hated it as well... :eek:hno:

Sunroof/Moonroof -- one of the options you tend to have but forget to use..... ;D

19"-20" Rims -- will go for the aftermarket route!!! :thumb:

Options im looking forward:

Advanced Key Fob -- make use of the remote start feature and get rid of that ugly key fob. :blob:

Rear View Mirror Back Up Camera -- must have and comes w/o the sub par Nav system. :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Memory seats were important to us, so SLT2 was a must. When you add some of the more common options to the SLT1, cost quickly approaches the SLT2 anyway. However, did not want sunroof or DVD, so special ordered. Took only 3 weeks to get.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like the options we have but it would have been nice to get the memory seats. We have the Skyscape/sunroof, and I didn't really want it. I don't use it and would have been just as happy w/o it, but the Acadia was the color we wanted and had all the extras we wanted, so we bought it anyway.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Memory seats would have been nice...I'm a freak when it comes to my wife moving my seat settings. However, I didn't think the extra coin for an SLT2 was worth it over my SLT1. Heated washer fluid doesn't seem to be a big deal...used it once all winter and I'm not sure it was worth it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
We also special ordered, and got the exact equipment we wanted.

My wife loves the HID lights, and can't imagine not having them.

I insisted on the HUD as a cool feature, and am really happy we have it.

Skipped the DVD player, DVD Nav and dual sunroofs, mostly to keep the purchase cost down. They are all feature we can easily live without, and don't miss them one bit. I think the black mesh cover over the sunroofs would tend to make the interior pretty hot on bright sunny days. Many people have commented that this is NOT an issue, however, so perhaps my fear is not warranted.

We got the SLT-2 which comes with many goodies, as you know. We like the customization options available through the DIC.

One pet peeve I have is the auto locking doors, commented on in other posts. I wish you could turn this off completely via the DIC, but, alas, you cannot.

Overall, it's still a great car. We are at 11 months of ownership, and about 19,000 miles already.

Enjoy your shopping...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I thought the SLT-2 allows one to DIC establish door locking protocol while SLE does not...

We have an SLT-2 and I like the locking features...but I thought I could turn them off if I wanted to...I guess I haven't wanted to enough...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Things I got:

SLT-2 with HUD (find it a fantastic safety feature that is one of those things once you have you don't ever want to go back), NAV (having a factory Nav is so much easier than 3rd party units which can be stolen, have smaller screens etc. I agree it isn't as friendly as my Acura's NAV system, but it is still easy and does a great job for what it was designed for), HID (huge improvement over halogen lighting which makes night driving safer), and Sunroofs (adds a lot of light and brightness to my Ebony interior, without it the back would be much darker and gloomier looking during the day.) Many of the features I didn't think would be nice really are... remote liftgate is a breeze and handy, power folding mirrors make tight fits and car wash trips easier, heated washer fluid takes off all of pesky frost in seconds and more.

What didn't I get? Trailer package which for me was unnecessary, I will not use the vehicle to tow... ever. I was torn on the DVD player but we decided that having a permanent install would make our kids want to watch on nearly all trips, no matter how short and perhaps we might give in. This way they learn to sit quietly without the cartoon baby sitter and on long, long trips we can always bring a portable player at much lower cost. Finally I didn't get AWD despite living in the Midwest because I live near Chicago and with flat roads and great plowing the FWD still tracks like a dream with Traction Control and Stabilatrack, AWD will be overkill for the added mileage hit and lack of major advantage more than a day or two every few years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I purchased an FWD SLT-1, and got the power lift gate, tow package, convenience package. Only wanted the tow package, convenience package, but it was the color truck I wanted. Only options that would have been nice are the express up windows, and memory seats. But I didn't think it was worth the additional money. The Convenience package is really worth the money spent, just for the ultra-sonic parking alone. The rear visibility is terrible..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts