GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is mainly for Acadia owners living on the East Coast or maybe even for people that have travelled there. I'm looking for areas to visit or stretches of roads where people have found that they don't like how their Acadia drives. Mainly transmission related issues. I've never spent much time in the New England area and thought it would be a good place to go and check out the update that's coming for the transmission. I was thinking Maine or Vermont, but I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Take it up Mt Equinox in Vermont...scary but fun! If I remember correctly there are also alot of scenic runs thru the Green Mountain range in mid-state Vermont.

Or you could be the first to take a picture of an Acadia at Acadia National Park in Maine! :thumb:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imgntht said:
Take it up Mt Equinox in Vermont...scary but fun! If I remember correctly there are also alot of scenic runs thru the Green Mountain range in mid-state Vermont.

Or you could be the first to take a picture of an Acadia at Acadia National Park in Maine! :thumb:
I figured Acadia National Park was a given. Can't go all that way and not stop there. ;D

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
My friend!!!

Try the Long Island Expwy at a non rush hour period when you can move.

Try any bridge or tunnel crossing when 12lanes merge from the toll booths.

Try the Northern State, Grand Central, Wantagh orMeadowbrook Pkwy where you have constant speed changes and little room to manuever.

If you are in the area please give me a call. I will trade a nice meal on the BBQ for the keys to your Acadia to get a glimpse at the update.

I may not give it back though!!!

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Joe,
I live in Nassau county also. What time is that bar-b-que?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
If it gets him here to let me tak ea peek at the new setup then I will gladly invite you over!!

:beer:

·
Registered
59 Posts
My tranny shifting problems were exposed on that 22 mile stretch of highway connecting the New York State Thruway (N) to the Mass Pike. If you head that way, once on the Mass Pike check out the factory outlet stores (Bass, Timberland, Hillfiger, etc.) at Exit 2. Continue eastward and get off at Mass Pike Exit 3 (Route 10 North) and take it all the way into the town of Northhampton, MA. You'll find a microbrewery and great places to eat, drink and be merry in this upscale college town. From there you can jump on 91 North and be in Vermont in about 30-40 minutes. Have a safe trip!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NY_Joe said:
If it gets him here to let me tak ea peek at the new setup then I will gladly invite you over!!

Sounds like I might need to stop in just to get some driving tips...and if you're offering food, how can I pass that up!

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
lzwhb2 said:
NY_Joe said:

Sounds like I might need to stop in just to get some driving tips...and if you're offering food, how can I pass that up!
I am a wonderful host!! Steak, burgers, sausage, whatever.Love BBQ'ng

You would get a good feel of NY driving on about 3 roads here.All the stupid things that can be done by people andas much traffic as you want. :eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
TMMAR said:
Joe,
I live in Nassau county also. What time is that bar-b-que?

Where in Nassau County?

·
Registered
405 Posts
NY_Joe said:
lzwhb2 said:
NY_Joe said:

I am a wonderful host!! Steak, burgers, sausage, whatever.Love BBQ'ng

You would get a good feel of NY driving on about 3 roads here.All the stupid things that can be done by people andas much traffic as you want. :eek:hno:
sounds good. got room for 1013 more ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts