GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after having the after market dvd/nav installed, my blinkers and warning chimes are extra loud. the gmc folks told me nothing could be done about this... it is really loud!! any others out there with this?

·
Registered
730 Posts
do you have an aftermarket amplifier installed as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What kind of system did you install? Did you also install the module that allows you to keep the OnStar functions and warning chimes? If so, that module has a volume adjustment on it. I had the same problem when I installed a aftermarket Nave (Pioneer AVIC-Z2). There is a place on the GMOS-LAN-02 module to adjust the volume. If you had it professionally installed I would take it back to them to adjust. If you installed it yourself, I would check out the owners manual for the module. Hope this helps. ;D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the gmc dealer installed it - it is the 2007 gmc navigation system kit. i didn't check on-star, but i think i still have it. i have to take the car back in next week as they are going to install an aftermarket remote start - which they have never done before and I am nervous about. also, there is a rattle in the passenger front door that they can't seem to get rid of - it only rattles when i go over rough patches of road, but that is mostly what we have out here in CA!

·
Registered
25 Posts
volfan,

Skip the after market remote start. Your Acadia should be "Remote Start Ready". Check your owners manual for information on remote start. My Outlook manual says if your vehicle does not have remote start, it is remote start ready. Your Acadia should be the same but DO NOT depend on the dealer to tell you this. I was speaking with my dealer and he was telling me that it was a good thing I got the remote start because his after market guy could not install a 3rd party remote start. He had no idea Outlooks were remote start ready. I sent him the info and saved him a lot of headaches. Hopefully he will remember that.
All you should have to buy is the keyfobs, for about $200. They are listed on Saturn's website as an accessorie. Should be on GMCs site also. Dealer just needs to do some programing and you are ready to go.

Check it out. If you want more info I can e-mail you what I sent to him. Or just do a search on remote start in the Outlook forums.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smokey bear,
i will ask them about that! why would the dealer NOT know that? they told me they have ordered some sort of kit to install the remote start...hmmmm.

which acadia do you have? mine is an slt1.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes, it is remote start ready. Your dealer should be able to check it through your VIN.
There is no kit to install.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
arghhhhhh! After a month, the dealer still has not been able to reduce the volume of the blinkers and warning chimes. I am so frustrated and not sure what to do. I went to pick it up today and it still wasn't fixed. I just left it there and told them I was not taking the car until it was fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts