GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on, or experience with, the voice recognition?

·
Registered
364 Posts
My wife and I have been using it. . . more for showing off the capabilities to our friends than for any other reason.

It is very simple to get started--just push the voice button on the steering wheel (right side, center button) and then you get a chime: At that point say "Voice Help" and it will tell you how to say the voice commands.

There is also "Radio Help", "Navigation Help", "System Help", and some others.

For example, you can press the button and say "Radio XM" and it repeats back to you and changes the radio to XM (or FM or AM, etc).

The looks on people's faces who have never used voice recognition is amazing!

As for addresses, after you put in an address (like your own home address), you can "Voice tag" it with something like "Home" and later when you are away, you can press the steering wheel voice button and say "Navigation go to home" and it starts the map guidance feature to take you home.

Great toy--not a necessity, but fun to show off.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim, Kelly - thanks for the info!!

That explains it....we couldn't get it to work in the car I was looking at, but the Nav DVD was not installed. I'll have to check it the next time I can.

That's too bad that it doesn't also control the climate control (HVAC) - I guess it's a little limited, but still cool.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 002. I just read up on it, and the Voice Tag feature is way cool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used it in the beginning.

Really cool, but, you never can remember the commands. It does impress the hell out of passengers, though.

If you are going to mess with the Voice Recognition and other gimmicks, I hope you don't hit anything.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've tried it with the hands-free calling and I can't ever remember the commands. I always ask "HELP" and it runs through the list of them all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts