GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried removing those awful warning stickers on the visors? They peeled right off on my old audi, but these seem to be permanent?

·
Registered
118 Posts
katherinet said:
Has anyone tried removing those awful warning stickers on the visors? They peeled right off on my old audi, but these seem to be permanent?
I'm glad you asked that one! :thumb: I really dislike those things, but have not tried to take them off my Tahoe for fear I would tear the visor. It will be interesting to see the responses. Hope you get some good ideas since I know, once I get my Acadia, I will want to remove them. janmarie

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would try using a blow dryer. You should heat it on high and then start working it off from the corner. Don't use a paint stripper. I would also start on the one on the passenger side. That way if it doesn't work as well as you want you wont have to look at it all the time.

Also be prepared for a little of the adhesive to remain behind and this will collect dirt also.

You may be able to remove the remaining adhesive with some Goof Off. I'm not going to guarantee that this will work on these particular stickers, but I have had good luck removing stickers this way.

Let me know if you try this, and tell us how it works. I also hate these stickers. And will give it a go and see how it does. I'll go out and try it in a few minutes, and then get back to you.

Dan

·
Registered
497 Posts
katherinet said:
My Audi stickers peeled right off, which was nice. These on the Acadia visors look ironed on/into the fabric. I tried to pick at the corner of one and it didn't seem to budge. But, I haven't given up!

If anybody comes up with a method that doesn't ruin the visor or leave lots of residue, please post so we all can learn. Wonder if the GM folks monitoring have any suggestions? They may not be able to provide any for liability reasons.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just took one off with the blow dryer. It took about a minute. The fabric is a little puckered where it used to be, but I think you could shrink it back tight. I will post a pic in a few minutes.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Here you go!

I'll see how the goof off works with the left over adhesive.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Dan you are awesome! Thanks for being the guinea pig!! :cheers:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Well someone had to try. As long as I don't get pulled over and have the cop say, "hey were are your visor stickers"?

I tried to get the remaining adhesive off with some Goof off, and it did remove it, but the problem with the variation is in the weave of the fabric I suspect it may be a plastic based fabric and that it gets a little cooked when they put the stickers on. Kinda like ironing your polyester slacks on too high a temp. My suggestion would be to try using a Very clean toothbrush and gently work the fabric in the direction of the weave and see if it blends in better. I myself think it looks way better than the sticker, and will do the drivers side also.

Also remember to use a WHITE CLEAN rag with the Goof off so you don't transfer dies or dirt to the visor.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks Dan-M, :thumb: I'm going to do that (if and when I ever get my Acadia). I think the white goo looks much better than that sticker. janmarie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dan-m!

Nice! I also hate those stupid liability stickers....at least you got it off without totally destroying the visor...

·
Registered
1 Posts
LOL. The airbag warning labels are not supposed to be able to be peeled off. It is an FMVSS requirement. As silly as it sounds, the automaker would be liable if they are not permanently affixed.

The fact that the Audi ones peel right off is actually not good. My recommendation: Just leave them - otherwise you'll have the peel marks that look even worse.

(they're not ironed on, but similiar - it is a heat transfer process).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts