GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Visibility Package can be installed by the dealer, or does it have to be done at the factory? I'm more interested in just the standard camera with rearview mirror monitor, not the package that includes navigation. Thx.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You might want to check if your vehicle is already prewired for the camera/sensors. When I was at the Buick dealer, they said they could do a dealer install of the backup camera/sensors on the Enclave, but I suspected it would NOT be a factory job. The aftermarket cameras are about $150 or less. As for the sensors, most likely they would be black and not color coded. It really depends on the dealer: if they have competent service professionals, it shouldn't be a problem to install the camera/sensors. However, my experience with dealerships is that their mechanics tend to rush a job (since they work on commission) through whether it's done right or not, and in many cases I could do a better job myself. If it were my car, I'd rather buy the parts and install it myself so I know it's done right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts