GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I recall someone on here could run Chevy VIN numbers and get the build sheet / info. I’m having difficulty finding that old thread (mobile site from my phone) and am looking for info on two VINs

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
That member has been gone from the forum for a few years - used to be one of the forum mods. They had privileged access to GM's information for nearly everything. FYI, don't trust many of the online VIN decoders. I ran my VIN through a few and found some of the information was way off-base, or incomplete. Your best bet is to get what you want from your local GM dealer. Someone in the service center might be willing to get the 'official' build sheet for you.

I'd get that link to the thread for you, but many links to older threads just put you back on the forum's homepage. It's been like that since the forum went to the new bulletin board software.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That member has been gone from the forum for a few years - used to be one of the forum mods. They had privileged access to GM's information for nearly everything. FYI, don't trust many of the online VIN decoders. I ran my VIN through a few and found some of the information was way off-base, or incomplete. Your best bet is to get what you want from your local GM dealer. Someone in the service center might be willing to get the 'official' build sheet for you.

I'd get that link to the thread for you, but many links to older threads just put you back on the forum's homepage. It's been like that since the forum went to the new bulletin board software.
Thanks Speleos, that's what I was afraid of LOL

My 2017 Acadia just died.... tree fell on it and wrote it off. Replacing with a brand new Traverse 3LT True North Edition, love the new design and back to the original size of my prior Acadia models. I will miss owning an Acadia, but after 24 months of driving the smaller one we have found it was a little too small. Biggest complaint, 2nd row bench, middle seat, folded-up armrest is absolutely brutal for the kid sitting there. If not for that armrest, the smaller Acadia was generally a good size.

The same tree landed on my 2011 Sierra too, also wrote it off. Just put a deposit on a 2016 Sierra Denali.

Managed to keep the 18" Acadia rims to use as winter rims on the Traverse!

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
WOW, @Nvr2loud! What a bummer. Guess that's one way to get a new car every few years. ;) I can empathize with you. A tree speared the roof of my motor home before it was a year old. Didn't do enough to total it, though. I keep waiting for a tree to crush it. Darn things fall on the deck more often than the cars.

Good luck with the new vehicles. Visit this forum every once in a while. You're welcomed here any time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts