GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not getting any email notifications, no recalls or anything. MyGMLink STILL says my VIN is "pending" and not in their database. Also says it won't be in the database if I bought my vehicle in the last 60 days and that I'll have to wait. 60 days would obviously include ALL Acadias now on the road today, so they must be lying. Some of you are fully registered and are getting recall info via email, so some of the Acadia VINs must be in there.

How many other Acadia owners are unable to register their VIN on GMLink.com?

·
Registered
18 Posts
my VIN has never worked in the 4.5years I have had my silverado. :( so I guess I never got the full use out of myGMLink. Hopefully our acadia when we get it will have a working VIN with myGMLink.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It took about 3 weeks for my VIN to show up & a little longer for ONstar.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine took two weeks for the vin to be accepted. I also signed up with o-star this morning and while I was drving to work I got my first report on my blackberry.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
We've used onstar a handful of times, but have never gotten an email - how do you go about starting that process?

·
Registered
82 Posts
admin said:
We've used onstar a handful of times, but have never gotten an email - how do you go about starting that process?
There was a link on the my-gmlink website that took me there. Then i registered for the vehicle reports

·
Registered
102 Posts
admin said:
We received the first email right after we registered. Haven't received anything since, that was in mid Feb.

·
Registered
82 Posts
SAF_ALG said:
admin said:
We received the first email right after we registered. Haven't received anything since, that was in mid Feb.
I think you are supposed to get a report every month.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I've had my Acadia since March 3rd and my VIN is still pending. I did just get an email from the dealership today thanking me for purchasing an Acadia. So maybe they'll be entering it into the system soon.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I am registered for both. OnStar hasn't been a problem. I've been using them for 2 years now. But GMLink isn't recognizing my VIN yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought the car on 1/28 and took delivery as soon as it arrived on 2/12. Signed up on GMLink the next day. My VIN is still "pending" after 5 weeks and you don't get any emails or much of anything else without it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've been waiting for mine to show up too, but I think I'm outta luck since I'm in Canada...and I don't know how to convert my VIN from Metric...

I am registered on the Canadian site, but it really doesn't do much -- no recall listings or important stuff like that.

On the plus side, my car should be e-mailing me tomorrow with it's current status...I love technology!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I emailed MyGMLink about my Vin being on hold so long and they fixed the problem, whatever it was. In their email response, they noted there currently were no recalls on my vehicle. I knew that was false - had one letter sitting right on my desk - so replied to that affect. A very nice lady called me within a few minutes to apologize for the error and gave me chapter and verse on the 4 open campaigns (though even she could not find any details on the latest one). Anyway, I'm on the air now and recieving VIN specific info on my car.

Had the car to the dealer the other day and got all the updates done, as well as the leaky transaxle housing fixed (replaced).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Gills said:
I've been waiting for mine to show up too, but I think I'm outta luck since I'm in Canada...and I don't know how to convert my VIN from Metric...
LOL!!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I just wanted to post that as of yesterday, I was able to input my VIN into the mygmlink.com website (I took delivery on 3/3/07). It doesn't show any recalls listed, but possibly because I've already had them done?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Raising this thread from the dead...

My 2008 Acadia was built in Dec 2007. I purchased it 11 Feb. After multiple attempts to get the VIN to be recognized by MYGMLINK, I emailed them using the "Contact Us" area. After FOUR failed responses via email (each a week apart), I finally contacted them today.

They can't get the VIN to register either...

Has anyone else had this same problem. Do I have a new vehicle or not?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same problem here. Bought from the dealers lot in Mid December of 2007. I haven't emailed anyone about it yet, but let us know how your efforts go.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
We bought our 08 in Sept 07 and I am registered on MyGMLink and on Onstar.

It took 4 months for MyGMLink to know my VIN for the Acadia. I don't get any e-mail from MyGMLink and never have. The Acadia is now my 4th car on MyGMLink and I have found the e-mails from that website to be pretty much worthless to me. They base when the e-mails come by guessing your mileage based on the info you put into the system.

I do get monthly emails from OnStar that are titled like "Your November OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics report" for each month. It shows my diagnostic info, my tire pressure, remaining oil life, time left on OnStar and XM Radio subscriptions, etc. These e-mails started as soon as I logged onto OnStar on-line and put in my info. These e-mails, unlike the MyGMLink ones, use the actual readings from the car and are very useful. I would recommend them to anyone.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts