GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a vibration problem with my Acadia SLE AWD. There is a noticable vibration through the accelerator pedal between 1600 and 2000rpm, and sometimes when pushed (i.e. overtaking, going up hill) this vibration (and noise) increases and shakes the entire dashboard for a short period of time. It normally clears when the gearbox drops down a gear. I say sometimes because we can go for a few days with nothing, then all of a sudden it happens.

I've looked at this forum for information. It's not the wheels, these have been checked. I've had the Rear Drive Module replaced and also have the latest software download (last week) and it's still happening. The dealership has been excellent, the service manager and the technical manager both spent 20 minutes on a test drive with me, needless to say I couldn't re-create the problem. I'm sure as soon as they witness the problem they'll sort it for me.

Anyone else had a similar problem? Is it typical for the AWD model to have transmission vibration? It's doing my head in!! :banghead:

Cheers
ARH

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have a 2008 AWD built in July 2007. I only have 1800 miles on it so far, but everything to date is as smooth as silk and as quiet as a church mouse. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
See all posts by JimDandy. There is a thread about propeller shaft bolts and a bulletin #07147. If they are loose they can cause vibration. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
384 Posts
vic49 said:
See all posts by JimDandy. There is a thread about propeller shaft bolts and a bulletin #07147. If they are loose they can cause vibration. Hope this helps.
Look in thread titled: 07133 and 07147 - new recalls?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

Just to update you on the problems I've had. The following failed to fix the problem - software update, new rear drive module, new transmission control module. It needs a completely new transmission now!

Good news is that it's no longer my problem. The dealership has exchanged it for a new 2008 model and upgraded me to a SLT2 for no extra charge. Pick it up on Friday. Dealership has been very good, I'm happy with the result.

ARH

·
Registered
730 Posts
arh said:
Good news is that it's no longer my problem. The dealership has exchanged it for a new 2008 model and upgraded me to a SLT2 for no extra charge. Pick it up on Friday. Dealership has been very good, I'm happy with the result.

ARH
What? and WOW! :eek:
Seems you've got yourself an early Christmas present! Congrats!

·
Registered
384 Posts
arh said:
Hi

Just to update you on the problems I've had. The following failed to fix the problem - software update, new rear drive module, new transmission control module. It needs a completely new transmission now!

ARH
arh: Congratulations. They replaced mine as well. I saw a 2008 on the rack for a tranny replacement though. Scares me now that I have an 08 replacement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kram said:
arh said:

ARH
What? and WOW! :eek:
Seems you've got yourself an early Christmas present! Congrats!
Thanks. It surprised me as well. However my original SLE had several optional extras that brought it close to a SLT. As I had been without the Acadia for 6 weeks, I insisted that the dealer found one from stock to at least the same specification. I wasn't going to wait for a new factory order and they could only find a SLT to meet this criteria.

Been out to the mountains with the family today. Aaaahhhhh, vibration free and smooth as silk. :thumb: My faith is restored (hopefully!!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vic49 said:
arh said:
Hi

ARH
arh: Congratulations. They replaced mine as well. I saw a 2008 on the rack for a tranny replacement though. Scares me now that I have an 08 replacement.
Let's keep our fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
arh said:
Hi

ARH
a complete transmission change this early? :eek:hno:

i salute your dealer!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
SioXie said:
a complete transmission change this early? :eek:hno:

i salute your dealer!!! :cheers:
Sure, they do produce and mass manufacture tens of thousands of these things a year. There's hundreds of parts, components, and electronic integration that make up today's transmissions. All of these components and assemblies have a multitude of specifications and tolerances within thousandths of an inch, sure things happen. Unfortunate when it does happen, we hope it never happens to us nor anyone.

Ditto on that, pretty awesome for the dealer to get the customer into a new vehicle. Wonder if GM had any play or say so in that happening.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'm resurecting the dead!

Has anyone had this problem lately? I was driving on the tollway yesterday and the entire car started shaking. You could feel it in the steering wheel and was slightly jarring. I asked my daughter if she felt it and she said that her chair was bouncing. At first I thought it could be wind, but there was no wind. I was going about 50 due to traffic.

Later I took my son out to get lunch and it started up again. It felt a little different. Not as jarring but still felt "bumpy". My son was in the front seat and he asked about it. The second time I was going to get gas. It was less than 1/4 of a tank, but no where near empty. (We don't have hills.) I was going about 50 then as well.

Any opinions? I can't take it back to the dealer and have them tell me it's nothing again. I might have a melt down. Right now I am living with: a leak, creaking noises in my steering wheel and intermittant speakers. All of which have been looked at but "not replicated" even though my service advisor has heard the creaking.

Thanks for any help, I am feeling very helpless. The last trip to the dealer ended up with me in tears! I love being a woman in the dealership (they think you are an idiot even though I know more about cars than my husband)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts