GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I finally got a tire guy that knows what he is doing to look at my 2016 Denali. I could have tires balanced but there was always just a little vibration left. Caleb got it fixed by putting on a hammer on weight and a stick on weight to get enough weight in this right spot on one wheel to get it to balance out. I have the 20" wheels and there is one that takes too much weight to balance. I do not see any damage to the wheel or anything out of round with the wheel, just heavy in one spot. Odd but that has been the issue with mine since I got in January 2020 as a certified pre-owned. The dealer never fixed it, after three trips and paid for the expensive road force balance. Parks Buick/GMC in Greenville, SC has lost a customer. Now I need to find a good 20" 6 spoke chrome wheel for the 2013-2016 Acadia Denali. So, far the only one I can find is a remanufactured one that is like new for 569.99 or something like that. I will continue on Monday to see if a local junk yard has a good one.

· Registered
4,223 Posts
I had the same issue with a Caddy I used to have. Problem was an out of round wheel, just enough it couldn't be successfully balanced and always created a slight seat of the pants vibration around 60 mph.

It doesn't take much these days, especially with larger wheels and smaller sidewall tires, to knock a wheel out of round.

· Registered
19 Posts
I'm having a similar issue on my 2015 Acadia. New tires in Oct. New front and rear shocks in Dec. Noticed the steering wheel shaking/vibrating about a month ago. Took it in to get the tires balanced and rotated. They said 3 of the tires were out of balance. That fixed the steering wheel vibration/ However.......now I'm feeling the front end shake/vibrate at highway speeds. It's interesting because it's not a constant shake. it will be fine for a few minutes and then shake for a minute and then go away. This repeats as long as you are at highway speeds. So, I'm curious what that could be? Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

· Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I'm having a similar issue on my 2015 Acadia. New tires in Oct. New front and rear shocks in Dec. Noticed the steering wheel shaking/vibrating about a month ago. Took it in to get the tires balanced and rotated. They said 3 of the tires were out of balance. That fixed the steering wheel vibration/ However.......now I'm feeling the front end shake/vibrate at highway speeds. It's interesting because it's not a constant shake. it will be fine for a few minutes and then shake for a minute and then go away. This repeats as long as you are at highway speeds. So, I'm curious what that could be? Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Have the front suspension checked for wear on bushings and ball joints by someone who is well-versed in MacPherson strut suspension issues.

· Registered
3,487 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2016 Denali. Road Force balance made it much better, but I think the Bridgestone tires are part of the problem. They seem very hard. My 2018 Denali has Michelin tires on it and it does not have this issue. The 2016 and 2018 chassis are different though.
Good to know !

21 - 28 of 28 Posts